Community Engagement & Inclusion Manager (Equality / Diversity / EDI)
Salary: £42,074- £44,627 per annum plus excellent benefits
Walsall, West Midlands - currently working from home
Full Time, Permanent, 37 hours per week
Closing Date: Sunday 27 June Midnight
Interview Date: Monday 12 & Friday 16 July
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Community Engagement & Inclusion Manager. The successful applicant will play a key role in ensuring the views and experiences of their diverse communities, build strong partnerships, deliver inclusive projects and develop a strong customer voice.
Joining their successful Community Investment team you will be managing a small team to support the delivery of the community engagement and inclusion programme.
You will have a genuine interest in promoting equality, diversity and inclusion and be passionate about community engagement.
Main job responsibilities:
- Manage a team and provide a concentrated effort into key strategic areas to increase community engagement and support the development of inclusive programmes.
- Developing a diverse customer voice and working closely with communities and the Performance and Insight Team to support whg strategic approach on this agenda.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the local community, analyse customer and community insight and ensure planned interventions effectively meet these needs.
- Build a strong Housing Academy to support a strong foundation for customers to develop their skills and confidence and for their voice to be heard across the group.
- Support the development of a customer panel to oversee the monitoring and impact of community grant funding awarded.
- Support the development of local groups utilising space in group community rooms.
Our client are looking for:
- A degree or significant equivalent work experience in a relevant field, such as a professional qualification in Community Development, Equality and Diversity or Housing Experience in facilitating community and volunteer-led projects and developing co-creation and co-production approaches.
- Empathetic approach and attitude / good understanding of diversity and inclusion
- Experience of delivering collaborative community projects and initiatives that support inclusion and diversity.
- Up to date knowledge of equality legislation, community integration and best practice.
- Experience of working in partnership with key external stakeholders.
- A good knowledge and understanding of anti-discrimination and positive action initiatives.
About Our Client
Our client’s People Strategy presents a clear picture of how they will achieve their Corporate Plan aim, ‘Be an exceptional place to work that attracts, develops and retains talent’. The Strategy focuses on three key themes that help them support their colleagues to make a difference to their customers, the communities they serve and to themselves.
It is important to us that they have a diverse workforce, representative of the communities they serve. Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) to them means colleagues living their values, dedicated to doing the right thing and exercising good judgement. This will encourage a culture where all can thrive, acknowledging that everyone is different; what matters to them is that everyone can come to work and feel comfortable to be themselves.
Our client are proud to be accredited as a Disability Confident Employer and ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunity to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations while working with them. They want to make it clear that they welcome disabled applicants for all their roles. If in doubt look out for the Disability Confident logo.
Our client will ensure that their recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and they will interview applicants with a disability if they meet the essential criteria for a role. They will also support existing colleagues with a disability or long-term health condition enabling them to stay in work, making reasonable adjustments if necessary.