As part of their plans, they have created a new digital team to manage and maintain their new digital ecosystem, which includes websites, social channels, digital marketing, analytics and user experience. The new digital team will work closely with their agency partners and fundraising, communications and funding colleagues to share objectives and deliver positive outcomes.
The Digital Manager - Charities is a key role in this team. Acting as product manager for their three charity brands; Guy's & St Thomas Charity, Evelina London Children's Charity and Guy's Cancer Charity, the Digital Manager - Charities will be the go-to digital expert managing a programme of digital marketing and communications activity while advocating for the needs of their supporters and users.
The Digital Manager - Charities for their charity brands will be focused on supporting the incredible work of their NHS staff and exceptional healthcare by backing people, innovation and inspiration at Guy's, St Thomas' and Evelina London hospitals and community services. They believe health is a collective endeavour, and the role will be part of the wider digital team at Guy's & St Thomas' Foundation.
- Work closely with our strategic agency partners to manage a roadmap of continuous improvement
- Manage the day-to-day operational requirements of our digital ecosystem including workflow for the production of content and campaigns
- Act as product manager for the websites for Guy's & St Thomas' Charity; Guy's Cancer Charity and Evelina London Children's Charity, planning against long term business objectives and addressing user needs
- Develop their understanding of their audiences and how they interact with them through their digital channels, working with marketing and data colleagues to implement journeys based on audience segmentation
- Develop and oversee the delivery of a programme of email communications and digital marketing that promotes their charitable activities, ensuring that their supporters get timely, relevant and engaging communications
- Partner with colleagues across the Foundation and their fundraising partners to understand and share their objectives, helping them to make the most of digital opportunities and upskilling colleagues to make the most of digital channels and ways of working
- Work with the Digital Director to develop and maintain a strategic approach to digital
- Own and manage reporting dashboards to share insight with colleagues and determine areas of focus for a programme of continuous improvement that is driven by data and centred around both user needs and fundraising outcomes
- Line management of the Digital Officer
The Successful Applicant
They are looking for someone who cares deeply about creating and maintaining exceptional digital experiences who can join them as they launch their new digital ecosystem and help them make the most of digital to generate fundraising income and tell the story of how they make things better for patients, families and staff across our hospitals.
Skills and experience
- Ownership of multiple digital products including websites, ideally in an organisation with multiple brands and preferable within a non-profit context
- Managing relationships with digital agencies and internal stakeholders
- Overseeing a digital advertising programme across PPC and social media
- Managing an email marketing programme consisting of newsletters and stewardship communications
- Familiarity with the full spectrum of digital marketing and user experience activity including search engine optimisation, conversion rate optimisation, user research and content design.
Knowledge and qualifications
- A deep understanding of digital platforms and infrastructure including content management systems, donation platforms and email service providers
- A strong understanding of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio and Google Optimize
- An awareness of Agile (ideally SCRUM) ways of working
- A strong understanding of content strategy and content design theory and practice
- A strong understanding of user centred design and UX principles
- A thorough understanding of current data protection legislation and fundraising regulations.
Abilities and attributes
- Demonstrate empathy for our supporters and their needs and advocate for them
- Passionate about what digital enables for charities and able to bring an enthusiastic and pragmatic approach
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent ability to understand and frame problems in order to determine effective and practical solutions
- Ability to build great relationships with stakeholders to help them achieve their objectives
- Ability to balance strategic thinking and planning with operational doing
- Engaged with the latest developments and trends within the charity digital sector and happy to share learning and insight with colleagues
- Committed to continuous improvement and living our values.
What's on Offer
- A brilliant and exciting permanent opportunity.
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience) plus pension and other benefits
- Please note, the charity is working hard to ensure they recruit great people and minimise unconscious bias in their selection process.
- To support this, they use the Applied platform, which anonymises applicants - I will talk you through the process.
Applications Close: June 28th
Interviews: First interviews: 12 and 13 July. Second interviews: 23 Jul
Please get in touch asap to find out more and discuss your suitability for the position.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0620212916712Z