Senior Management Accountant
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Now, we’re looking for a Senior Management Accountant to join us on a full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
- Salary of £35,336 - £44,730 (Grade 3.2) per annum
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance (after probationary period)
- Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
- Develop your career with a charity that’s been supporting animals since 1897
If you are an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with a great management style, this is the ideal opportunity to advance and develop your career with our exceptional charity.
This is a broad and varied role where you will assist in the efficient running of our finance operations whilst supporting and managing the Finance team. You will have the chance to apply your skills across a wide range of disciplines and play an active role within the charity from day one.
As a Senior Management Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring finance operations run smoothly and that high standards, accurate reporting and controls are in place.
Supporting and deputising for the Financial Controller, this role will cover a variety of financial areas including statutory requirements, management accounting, budgeting and general support to areas of the charity.
You will manage, coach and mentor Finance team members and be involved in project work including looking at ways to streamline the budget process as well as reviewing systems improvements and automation processes.
Additionally, you will:
- Be responsible for key regulatory processes such as the completion and submission of VAT returns and statutory accounts
- Assist the Financial Controller to prepare for internal and external audits
To join us as a Senior Management Accountant, you will need:
- To be an experienced and qualified accountant (holding an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification)
- Experience leading, managing, motivating and developing a team
- Experience in setting, controlling and managing budgets
- The ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- To be outcome-focused with strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and meet deadlines with accuracy
- Training skills
- An understanding of UK GAAP reporting and consolidation accounting
- Business awareness and commercial acumen
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and relevant systems and databases
- Regular travel will be required to Rehoming Centres and Hospitals
A working knowledge of asset development projects would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge of Access Dimensions Finance System or similar. Knowledge of VAT and Partial Exemption would also be advantageous.
Knowledge of reconciliations would be desirable, as would the ability to drill down to the cause of a problem. Experience of working in a deadline driven environment would be equally favourable, as would a degree from an accounting discipline.
The closing date for applications is the 30th June 2021. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Please be aware, due to the current circumstances with COVID-19, interviews will be held virtually.
The first stage of our recruitment process will be a competency-based interview to find out more about you and we will share lots more information on the role. These will be held during the first two weeks in July Following this, we will invite shortlisted applicants to attend a second stage which will contain a financial assessment activity.
To apply for this role, all candidates are required to complete the online application process. Please read the job description to find out more.
Other organisations may call this role Management Accountant, Senior Accountant, or Senior Financial Accountant.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.