Events, Community & Partnerships Executive
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to gain experience in a fast-paced and high-energy fundraising department. As part of this dynamic team you will get hands on experience of initiating, organising and attending key fundraising events.
Our Events calendar has changed dramatically as a result of COVID-19 and we have been working hard to innovate during this time. As well as great experience in this role, you will work within the wider Engagement & Partnerships Department (formerly referred to as Fundraising) to develop knowledge, skills and experience of how the teams work together to support the QEF.
Based in the Engagement & Partnerships department in Leatherhead, Surrey, the postholder is responsible for supporting and working alongside the Senior Executive and Head of Events, Community & Partnerships in the following areas:
- To assist the Events, Community & Partnerships Team with the necessary research on companies across four main streams: Charity of the Year, sponsorship, commercial and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funding
- Develop a stewardship programme for corporate prospects and partners
- Maintain the database of corporate partners throughout the fundraising cycle
- Assist in raising sponsorship for events
- Support the team in their ongoing events and community activity
We are looking for a confident communicator, someone who loves a challenge and can think outside of the box. Ideally, we are looking for someone with previous experience or experience in working with people and/or companies, although training will be provided for the right candidate with a positive, go-get-it attitude.
You will be:
- Passionate about your area of work
- Creative, innovative and enthusiastic, with the ability to inspire and motivate others, both internally and externally
- A creative thinker with the ability to develop innovative fundraising activities
- Have the ability and passion for relationship building and event management
- Able to plan systematically and manage resources in an organised way, prioritising workload and meeting deadlines
- Clean driving licence
- Some experience of organising, co-ordinating and implementing successful fundraising events
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
About the team
The Events, Community & Partnership Team is led by a Head of department and supported by two roles (including this one) together with a fleet of volunteers. The team works within the larger Engagement & Partnerships department, comprising Supporter Engagement & Legacies and Philanthropy. It is led by the Director of Engagement & Partnerships.
Being part of QEF means
- Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities
- Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy
- Being an active team player
- Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
How to Apply
If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW by visiting our website via the link and downloading an application form.
Close Date: Midday 30th June 2021
Apply early! This opportunity may be closed early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Disability Confident Employer
- QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
- Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage