Senior Events, Community & Partnerships Executive
12 month maternity contract with an opportunity to make permanent position
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to take their next step into a senior event, community or corporate role and join a fast-paced, high-energy fundraising department. As part of this dynamic team you will initiate, organise and attend key fundraising events, coordinate community activity and push our corporate partnerships to a new level with the support of the Events, Community and Partnerships Executive.
Our Events calendar has changed dramatically as a result of COVID-19 and we have been working hard to innovate during this time. Not only will you bring great experience to this role, you will also be exposed to the high calibre of experience within the Events, Community and Partnerships team as well as the wider Engagement & Partnerships Department (formerly referred to as Fundraising).
Based in the Engagement & Partnerships Department in Leatherhead, Surrey, the postholder will be responsible for developing strong links with community groups and companies within the Surrey area. This role also manages the Events, Community & Partnerships Executive to promote community events and activities to organisations through a variety of ways.
There is huge potential to grow and develop income amongst community groups and local companies and we’re seeking a proactive, dynamic and enthusiastic individual who can juggle a number of different projects at one time.
- The postholder will be required to work closely with committees, develop a community volunteering infrastructure and work well with the larger E&P Team as well as staff from across QEF
- Support the Head of Events, Community and Partnerships in engaging with new and existing supporters, community groups and companies through the development and testing of new fundraising activities that provide a true supporter experience and raise funds for our work
- Create, develop and execute mass participation events that are researched, evaluated, piloted, and rolled out, maximising the fundraising efforts of individuals taking part and engaging them more fully in our work.
We are looking for a confident communicator, someone who loves a challenge and can think outside of the box. Ideally, we are looking for someone with previous proven experience and successes of working with communities, corporates or within events.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and who has a positive, go-get-it attitude.
You will be:
- Passionate about your area of work
- Creative, innovative and enthusiastic, with the ability to inspire and motivate others, both internally and externally
- A creative thinker with the ability to develop innovative fundraising activities
- Have the ability and passion for relationship building and event management
- Able to plan systematically and manage resources in an organised way, prioritising workload and meeting deadlines
- Clean driving licence
- Some experience of organising, co-ordinating and implementing successful fundraising events
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
About the team
The Events, Community & Partnership Team is led by a Head of department and supported by two roles (including this one) together with a fleet of volunteers. The team works within the larger Engagement & Partnerships department, comprising Supporter Engagement & Legacies and Philanthropy. It is led by the Director of Engagement & Partnerships.
Being part of QEF means
- Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities
- Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy
- Being an active team player
- Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
How to Apply
If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW by visiting our website via the link and downloading an application form.
Close Date: Midday Monday 28 June 2021
Apply early! This opportunity may be closed early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Disability Confident Employer
- QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
- Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage