This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join a forward-thinking charity and help achieve our exciting growth ambitions. This is a new role and we are looking for an energetic and inspiring Director of Marketing and Communications who will set the vison for the promotion of Brain Tumour Research fundraising activities and demonstrating our impact. You will be instrumental in helping us exceed the growth in income set out in our 2025 fundraising strategy and achieve our aim of establishing a further four dedicated Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence across the UK in the next five years.
Brain Tumour Research is an influential, game-changing, intelligent and focused charity embracing its fantastic supporter base across the UK. Despite the pandemic, Brain Tumour Research is determined to continue its growth trajectory. We are passionate about finding a cure for brain tumours through our Centre Strategy and increasing the national investment in brain tumour research.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Location: Head Office Milton Keynes MK5 6LB
Salary: c. £60,000 per annum
Full Time – Permanent
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for:
- Growing the profile and reach of the Brain Tumour Research brand and delivering integrated marketing communication strategies which increase awareness and drive income growth through supporter recruitment and retention
- Maximising engagement with and inspiring our loyal followers, as well as reaching and delighting new audiences across all traditional offline marketing and digital channels.
- Upholding the brand through guardianship and leading the team in creating a strong brand identity, showcasing the organisation’s mission and brand proposition, building brand awareness and driving conversions.
- Increasing opportunities to communicate our achievements and impacts, influencing target audiences to engage in new fundraising initiatives, make donations, create partnerships and join our campaigning in order help us find a cure for brain tumours
- Inspiring, developing, motivating and leading a dynamic and effective marketing and communications team that can deliver diverse, innovative and cost-effective activities that support exceeding the organisation’s fundraising targets
- Being an active member of the leadership team. contributing to the overall strategic direction of the charity and representing the marketing and communications function at board meetings
Closing date: Wednesday 30th June
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
Please read the attached full job description and upload your CV with a covering letter, demonstrating why you are a suitable candidate, how you could add value to our organisation and detailing your current salary.
No agencies please.