Digital Fundraising Intern
Sightsavers is looking for a Digital Fundraising Intern to work within its Digital Fundraising team. This internship is a flexible 3-5 days per week, 6-month position and we will pay the relevant living wage according to the number of days worked per week.
Location: UK (Haywards Heath with remote working)
Salary: Living Wage
Contract: Flexible 3-5 days per week, 6-month fixed term contract
Sightsavers’ vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. We are an international organisation working with partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities. Could you join our team and make a real difference as a Digital Fundraising Intern?
About the role
The Digital Fundraising Intern will support colleagues across the Digital Fundraising team and beyond, ensuring campaigns, online content and journeys are as good as they can be. This position will support the delivery of digital activity to help increase income, supporter recruitment and retention through digital channels, including email, search, display and paid social. The main responsibilities, with appropriate support, will include:
- Moderating virtual event groups through Facebook, following our branding and messaging guidelines.
- Writing and creating stories, posts and donation pages on the website.
- Assisting with writing copy and building emails in the email platform and supporting the data processes and reporting of our email campaigns.
- Helping deliver paid advertising activity.
- Assisting with website testing, spot-checking and proof-reading.
- Shadowing members of the digital fundraising team.
- Assisting with monitoring and reporting on digital fundraising activity to help the team deliver against their targets.
- Undertaking research projects and providing admin support as required.
As our Digital Fundraising Intern you will be working in an international charity with a skilled team of digital fundraisers, gaining valuable experience and knowledge, specifically in Individual Giving fundraising. You will be given the opportunity to really get stuck-in and enjoy the role whilst gaining experience and knowledge of the skillset required to work in fundraising and develop your digital skills. In return we will:
- Make sure that you gain a wide range of digital fundraising experiences to boost your CV
- Ensure you have meaningful projects to work on
- Offer training and support for your role
- Respect and listen to your views and ideas
- Provide an encouraging and friendly working atmosphere
- Offer you generous holidays and access to fitness and wellness discounts
Prior experience in international development and digital fundraising is not essential. We are looking for candidates with a real passion for digital, and the desire to make an impact and progress their personal development.
This is a demanding role and is suited to motivated individuals who enjoy being busy, stretched and working hard. Ideally you would primarily work from our Haywards Heath office (as COVID-restrictions allow/ from mid-June onwards) – but other arrangements can be considered for exceptional candidates.
- A passion for all things digital and the ability to demonstrate this.
- Strong work ethic with good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and activities.
- An interest in data and analytics and/or strong writing and editing skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Strong IT literacy.
- A strong interest in fundraising and the third sector and a commitment to equal opportunities for all.
Strong academic results are naturally a significant advantage – but we will absolutely consider all engaging, passionate applications. Diversity is important to us at Sightsavers and so we especially welcome applications from candidates with backgrounds typically under-represented in the sector and/ or reflecting the communities we seek to serve.
Please read the full job description and make a compelling application via our careers portal, paying particular attention to the ‘motivations’ section. We are keen to make a quick appointment, with the successful applicant ideally being able to start in July to support scheduled campaigns. We anticipate that interviews will be held w/c 5 July 2021 with a short role-specific task forming part of the assessment process.