Title: Policy Officer – Social Inclusion
Location: UK flexible –occasional travel to London and Haywards Heath will be required
Sightsavers are currently offering an exciting opportunity to join our Policy and Advocacy team as a Policy Officer – Social Inclusion to influence the development of disability, social inclusion, and international development policy.
As the Policy Officer you will provide support in conducting policy analysis in disability and social inclusion to inform evidence-based influencing and provide technical knowledge to Sightsavers. You will work to influence global stakeholders and policy making through relevant avenues, and where required, support national policy analysis for country level advocacy and relevant strategic advocacy priorities.
Other key duties include:
- Conduct analysis on relevant bilateral and multilateral policies and practice
- Participate in relevant networks to provide analysis and collaborative influencing where this strengthens Sightsavers’ strategic objectives
- Work with colleagues across the Policy and Global Advocacy (PGA) Directorate to strategically influence the development, monitor the implementation and build effective relationships with key stakeholders in relevant social inclusion policy frameworks
- Represent Sightsavers externally to develop our profile through effective policy influencing, using a diverse range of channels
- Conduct analysis and submit evidence for other thematic priority areas, and cover other areas of work for PGA as required
- Play an active and collaborative role in PGA and wider Policy and Programme Strategies Directorate
- Draft regular reports on policy activity, and proactively share information with colleagues via internal information sharing platforms
As the ideal candidate you will have experience of working on disability and social inclusion, international development, or other relevant policy areas, possess a background in conducting policy analysis, and have prior experience of supporting policy and/or influencing work at national and international levels. You will have a good understanding of international development issues and best practice, and be educated to degree of Masters level (or equivalent).
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, so if you are interested in the role and finding out more, please read the complete Job Description here for further details.
There is flexibility around the location of this role (within the UK), but we will require the successful candidate to occasionally attend meetings and collaborate at Haywards Heath or London.
In addition to being an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London, we offer some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please complete an application form via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
Closing date: 27 June 2021
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.