The successful Alumni Relations Manager will have the following responsibilities;
- Providing leadership amongst relevant internal stakeholders (e.g. Careers Services, Student Recruitment, academic departments, current students) to create and manage engaging opportunities for alumni to support the work of the university.
- Being responsible for developing and managing the production and distribution of online and offline alumni communications, including the quarterly alumni relations newsletter.
- Leading the creation of engaging content for social media and university webpages, and managing dedicated alumni social media platforms.
- Liaising with the Operations Manager to make effective use of the alumni database, Raiser's Edge, to provide reports for management purposes, and supporting efforts to improve the quality of data.
- Managing volunteering programmes in collaboration with academic and administrative colleagues, including registration processes, volunteer communications, evaluation and stewardship e.g. for professional networking events
- Working closely with the Development team to ensure that fundraising goals are promoted across all alumni channels, and to work jointly on specific events.
- Taking an active role in managing the engagement of key alumni groups, including the Bedford Society, volunteers and high profile graduates.
- Developing a sophisticated level of knowledge about the graduate community, and building personal relationships with key alumni to engage them for the benefit of the University.
- Line management of Alumni Relations Officer
- Supporting the alumni events programme, as well as representing the university at alumni (and other) events in the UK (and possibly overseas) and to undertake occasional evening and weekend work.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Alumni Relations Manager should ideally the following skillset;
- Proven track record in developing and leading engaging and impactful alumni communications programmes.
- Demonstrable experience of writing engaging communications including newsletters, articles and direct correspondence.
- Demonstrable ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and to represent the department and Royal Holloway with credibility
- Demonstrable ability to work independently and as a committed team member
- Demonstrable experience of working with customer relationship management systems and ensuring that data is kept up to date and in compliance with GDPR guidelines.
- Ideally experience of working with Raisers Edge, including Online Express.
- Demonstrable experience of using content management systems to keep website content and pages up to date.
- Demonstrable experience of creating engaging digital content, including short films.
- Demonstrable experience of managing social media content and channels.
- Experience of collaborating with fundraising teams
What's on Offer
The successful Alumni Relations Manager will receive a salary of between £35,931 - £42,456 (inclusive of London allowance). The post is available immediately on a fixed-term maternity cover contract until early May 2022.
In addition, the university also offers a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
The post is based in Egham, Surrey where the university is situated and within commuting distance from London.
For any more information please contact Amie Hemson at Michael Page.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0620212921814Z