Job Title: Marketing and Research Assistant
Responsible to: Business Development Coordinator
Salary: £21,748 p.a.
Hours: 37 per week
Term: Initial 15 month contract; continuation subject to funding
C3SC - Vision: A strong, diverse and relevant Third Sector in Cardiff
C3SC is a vibrant team of people from various communities and countries of different beliefs and cultures, where we recognise and promote the positive value of equality, diversity, inclusion, and challenge discrimination. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, irrespective of formal qualification or work experience, as long as you can demonstrate your knowledge and ability to meet the requirements of the person specification & core competencies as outlined in the Job Description.
Cardiff Third Sector Council (C3SC) offers our team:
- Opportunities for training and development
- Good employment conditions
- Flexi-time working and generous annual leave
Reporting to the Business and Development Coordinator, the post holder will be responsible for providing clear, relevant communications to members and stakeholders using a range of digital platforms, editing our website and gathering information and data for funding and policy initiatives.
Job Title: Marketing & Research Assistant
Key Functions & Tasks
- Supporting the Business Development Coordinator in maintaining and updating C3SC’s Marketing and Communication Action Plan, and producing progress reports as needed for trustees and partners.
- Co-ordinating production of C3SC’s Member newsletter and other periodic publications.
- Graphic design and editing of promotional materials including flyers, banners etc…
Media and Social Media
- Curating C3SC’s social media accounts including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn feed, and developing C3SC’s online presence moving forward.
- Supporting the Business Development Manager in generating media coverage for C3SC activities, projects and case studies.
- Working with the Management Team to improve, add resources and continue the development of our website, including design ideas and editing existing content.
- Authoring and posting new content online, including content authored by other C3SC team members and stakeholders.
- Moderating and responding to organisations, groups and individuals on C3SC's virtual social network - C3SC Community Platform.
- Supporting the Business Development Manager and C3SC colleagues by researching useful policy information that will allow C3SC to make effective representations to public bodies and influence local public services.
- Supporting the Business Development Manager by researching useful information on funding and commissioning opportunities that will allow C3SC to bid for new projects and widen the range of services it provides.
- Carry out further duties appropriate to the post in furtherance of Cardiff Third Sector Council’s stated purpose.
Job title: Marketing and Research Assistant
Person Specification & Core Competencies
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Experience of authoring, editing and posting online media content.
- Strong skills in digital, social and new media and Microsoft Office and software skills.
- Written and Verbal communication skills with a proven ability to deal confidently with service users, professional partners and other individuals and agencies from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to source and use data and research information for the production of reports.
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Self-motivating and able to work on your own initiative.
- Respect confidentiality and data protection.
- Make effective use of technology and use resources responsibly.
- Be positive about working in a changing and challenging environment.
- Bilingual with the ability to read, write and speak English and Welsh at a professional/advanced level. Applications are welcome from those who have learnt Welsh to a good standard and are willing to improve their skills to the standard needed to carry out the post within an agreed timescale
- Current experience and skills in <??> including SQL, XML, PYTHON, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours; occasional evening and weekend working.
- Experience of working with voluntary and community organisations in the Third Sector is desirable.
Equality and Diversity
C3SC is committed to equality and representing the full diversity of the community. Post holders are expected to understand and uphold all elements of C3SC's Equality and Diversity policies and procedures contained within the Staff handbook and its parent policies. The post holder is also expected to promote diversity, challenge discrimination and attend annual training in keeping with C3SC’s Equality Action Plan to ensure they are have an understanding of developments and UK legislation around Equality and Diversity.
This post holder has a unique opportunity to promote these values and to showcase the excellence in inclusive practice pursued by C3SC and its member organisations.
How to Apply
To apply for the above role, please download and fill out the Application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form attached below and send it back to email@example.com by clicking on the Apply button below.
Closing date for applications: 28th June 2021
Interview dates: Week commencing 5th July 2021