Job Title: Office Coordinator
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: £30,451 p.a.
Hours: 37 per week
Term: Initial 15 month contract; continuation subject to funding
C3SC - Vision: A strong, diverse and relevant Third Sector in Cardiff
C3SC is a vibrant team of people from various communities and countries of different beliefs and cultures, where we recognise and promote the positive value of equality, diversity, inclusion, and challenge discrimination. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, irrespective of formal qualification or work experience, as long as you can demonstrate your knowledge and ability to meet the requirements of the person specification & core competencies as outlined in the Job Description.
Cardiff Third Sector Council (C3SC) offers our team:
- Opportunities for training and development
- Good employment conditions
- Flexi-time working and generous annual leave
Reporting to the CEO, the post holder will be responsible for providing the CEO and Senior Management Team with support for a variety of administrative, financial and customer service activities, and supervising a small finance and admin support team.
Job Title: Office Coordinator
Key Functions & Tasks
- Establishing and implementing office procedures and practices
- Organising and coordinating office operations and procedures, attending to general issues and contacting relevant personnel to address complex issues
- Point of contact for premises and carrying out routine checks to ensure safety, security and compliance
- Handling incoming calls and interacting with clients and partners from a diversity of sectors, organisations and backgrounds
- Managing schedules on behalf of the CEO, SMT and Trustee Board
- Preparing meetings, taking minutes, drafting correspondence, spreadsheets, and presentations and sharing papers on behalf of the CEO and Trustee Board
- Line Managing the support team
- Support, coordinate and manage administrative, financial and monitoring services, tasks and responsibilities amongst the Admin team in keeping with procedures
- Overseeing and directing staff as required
- Evaluating and managing performance, supporting, constructively challenging and promoting their performance, and supporting their professional development
- Training new staff members
- Acting as an exemplar of C3SC’s values and behavioural competencies.
- Carry out further duties appropriate to the post in furtherance of Cardiff Third Sector Council’s stated purpose.
Job title: Office Coordinator
Person Specification & Core Competencies
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Experience of working in a professional office environment and maintaining high standards of professional customer service
- High proficiency in technology and knowledge of e-mail, Microsoft applications and Social Media
- Experience and competency in the use of Sage accountancy package
- Excellent verbal, reading and written communication skills
- Active listening skills with the ability to comprehend required duties and quickly understand the best method for completing them
- Organizational skills with a great attention for detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Great team player with the ability and commitment to support the development of a positive team culture and delivery of an effective, quality service.
- Time management skills with the ability to plan and prioritise own work and work of others, meet deadlines and work constructively on your own initiative within a busy work environment.
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Dependable and reliable
- Respect confidentiality and data protection
- Make effective use of technology and use resources responsibly
- Support the maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment
- Be positive about working in a changing and challenging environment.
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours; occasional evening and weekend working.
- Bilingual with the ability to read, write and speak English and Welsh, is desirable.
- Experience of working with voluntary and community organisations in the Third Sector is desirable.
Equality and Diversity
C3SC is committed to equality and representing the full diversity of the community. Post holders are expected to understand and uphold all elements of C3SC's Equality and Diversity policies and procedures contained within the Staff handbook and its parent policies. The post holder is also expected to promote diversity, challenge discrimination and attend annual training in keeping with C3SC’s Equality Action Plan to ensure they are have an understanding of developments and UK legislation around Equality and Diversity.
This post holder has a unique opportunity to promote these values and to showcase the excellence in inclusive practice pursued by C3SC and its member organisations.
How to Apply
To apply for the above role, please download and fill out the Application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form attached below and send it back to email@example.com by clicking on the Apply button below.
Closing date for applications: 28th June 2021
Interview dates: Week commencing 5th July 2021