£25,500 - £26,500 FTE (depending on experience)
Part time, 22.5 hours per week
Permanent, subject to the continuation of funding
Annual Leave: Proportionate to hours worked based on FTE of 32 days including Bank Holidays
About the role
As a Money Advice and Benefits Caseworker you will be part of a highly skilled and experienced casework team providing money and benefits advice to prevent homelessness across the borough of Guildford. You will also support our core advice service as required and contribute to maintaining our quality of advice and inclusive culture. There is real potential for professional development and personal satisfaction.
- Provide casework covering the full range of Welfare Benefits and Money Advice.
- Act for the client where necessary by calculating, negotiating, drafting or writing letters and telephoning.
- Negotiate with third parties as appropriate.
- Ensure income maximisation through the take up of appropriate benefits.
- Prepare and present cases to the appropriate statutory bodies, tribunals and courts as appropriate.
How to apply
Please download the attached documents and complete the application form. Please return to the email provided in the application form.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the closing date.
Citizens Advice Ash provides a free, independent and impartial advice service to the residents of Ash, Ash Green, Ash Vale, Normandy and surrounding areas. We are a successful and highly effective team of 7 staff and 25 volunteers who are committed to Citizens Advice. We score consistently highly for quality of advice and regularly exceed our delivery targets across our service and projects. Each year we help over 1,300 clients to find a way forward with their problems in areas such as debt, benefits, housing and relationships, and we have a specialist money advice service which serves the whole of the Borough of Guildford.