London (Currently remote due to Covid-19)
We’re Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
Our fundraising initiatives, including major appeals, philanthropy, corporate partnerships and community events, make our essential work possible.
We are now looking for a Philanthropy Manager to join us on a full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
- Salary of £40,087
- 25 days’ holiday per year plus bank holidays, increasing by one day a year up to a maximum of 33 days
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
- Support towards healthcare costs including eye tests and dental and support with mental health through counselling; additional access to gym discounts
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with contributions of 10%)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and adoption leave
- Staff arts club – including free entry to London galleries
- Access to a range of high street and online discounts
- Sick pay
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre fundraising professional with experience of managing fundraising committees/groups and cultivating major donor relationships to join our organisation and directly contribute to our ongoing success.
In this important role, you will collaborate with a dedicated team to develop sustainable income streams so we can continue to provide fantastic patient care in our hospitals. In return, we’ll provide you with professional development opportunities and will even include an individual training allowance.
What’s more as you develop and progress, you will have the opportunity to increase your salary through enhanced performance.
As the Philanthropy Manager, you will oversee a portfolio of major gift providers and develop income streams and meaningful partnerships for our charity.
Reporting to the Director of Development, you will develop prospect lists, relationships and approaches across major donors, corporates, trusts and foundations.
Additionally, you will:
- Work with the Fundraising and Communications Teams to oversee the major gifts portfolio
- Deliver bespoke fundraising events
- Create cultivation and stewardship plans
- Ensure compliance with fundraising best practice
- Develop and implement mitigation strategies to overcome identified risks
- Represent the charity externally at events
To join us as a Philanthropy Manager, you will need:
- Experience of managing fundraising committees and/or groups, creating donor materials, delivering donor events and cultivating major donor relationships
- A track record of creating cultivation and development plans for major donors and securing five-figure-plus gifts from major donors, trusts and foundations
- Previous experience of managing and developing information on a CRM database
- A track record of meeting and managing annual budgets and providing management information and reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak, present and write with clarity and precision
- A high level of numeracy and the ability to create detailed budgets for funding proposals and reconcile financial information
Experience of fundraising in the NHS or other health-related organisations would be beneficial.
Please note, some flexible working and unsociable hours around events will be required.
This role requires a standard DBS check.
The closing date for applications is the 22nd June 2021 with interviews scheduled to take place the week commencing 28th June 2021.
Imperial Health Charity reserves the right to close this advert early if sufficient applications are received prior to the advertised closing date.
All job offers with Imperial Health Charity are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and references.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Manager, Charity Fundraising Manager, Fundraising Appeals Manager, Fundraising Development Manager, Communications Manager, Marketing Manager or Senior Fundraising Officer.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Philanthropy Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.