The DHL UK Foundation are looking for a Programme Coordinator to help organise and deliver employee volunteering initiatives with DHL colleagues in school and charity partners across the UK. This is an opportunity to help make a real difference to the lives of young people.
Who are the DHL UK Foundation?
The DHL UK Foundation is a registered UK charity that works in partnership with the DHL businesses in the UK. Through grant making and colleague engagement, the DHL UK Foundation supports disadvantaged young people and has an ambitious vision to help end youth unemployment. Visit oue website to find out more - www.dhlukfoundation.org/
About the Programme Coordinator role
The Programme Coordinator will play a crucial part in recruiting and supporting DHL colleagues to deliver a programme of careers and employability activities in schools across the UK and must be proactive, enthusiastic and organised. These activities include career talks. employability workshops, CV & interview skills and mentoring sessions.
To be successful in this role you should have strong administration and organisational skills to help with the coordination of multiple projects and activities that often have tight deadlines. You will be able to communicate with colleagues and partners at all levels. We are looking for some who is comfortable delivering presentations to groups of DHL colleagues.
One of the most important requirements of this role is your passion for supporting and working with UK charities that support disadvantaged young people.
Key skills and responsibilities
- Organisation – coordinating multiple projects and volunteers across different school activities.
- Administration – utilising your organisational skills to arrange, plan and prepare for the programmes and support the team with accurate data gathering.
- Proactive – providing proactive customer service to DHL colleague via the phone, email and online.
- Independence – working independently and at times remotely to deliver agreed events, activities and objectives.
- Communication – composing compelling written case studies and news articles along with the ability to communicate with DHL colleagues of all levels.
- Presentations – delivering presentations to groups of colleagues to inspire them to get involved in the programmes and activities
- A passion for charity and supporting young people – REQUIRED
- Confidence to work with DHL colleagues and school/charity partners - REQUIRED
- Adaptable and proactive work ethic with the ability to work independently and as part of a team – REQUIRED
- Strong administration and organisational skills – REQUIRED
- Proficient in utilising Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint - DESIRABLE
- Experience in charity/corporate partnerships or working with young people in a school setting– DESIRABLE
- Strong attention to detail and experience working with Salesforce – DESIRABLE.
- Valid UK driving licence – DESIRABLE
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL UK Foundation team you will receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including; 25 days holiday, a bonus scheme, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training & development opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you are looking to develop your career in the charity sector and want to support young people, simply apply online including an to up to date CV and a supporting statement showcasing your fit with the key skills, responsibilities and requirements. This should be submitted as one document no longer than 4 pages.
Initial interviews will be taking place on Thursday 8th July, with the final interview on Friday 16th July.
This post is subject to receipt of two satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and Right to work in the UK.
As the role supports the delivery of national education and employability programme a valid driving licence is desirable and willingness to travel is expected, occasionally outside of the normal hours of work.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
We are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees.
Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.