Head of Service Delivery
Dreams Come True is a national charity with a big heart and a clear purpose. We exist to fulfil the dreams of children and young people with serious and life-limiting conditions.
We are the only wish-granting organisation that is singularly focused on delivering dreams to children and young people living in the highest areas of deprivation, as such, we only work in Tier 1 – 3 Lower Super Output Areas. We believe that because of this, we are answering an unmet need by allowing these 5 to 18-year-olds – who would otherwise be missed – a chance to have their bespoke dream.
We are currently seeking a Head of Service Delivery to join our team on a full-time basis, working 35 hours per week but making a difference every single day!
- Salary of up to £45,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with experience in a senior management role, providing you with the scope to manage people and budgets. You will have plenty of room to grow and succeed with our charity, enabling us to make an impact on the lives of those who need it most.
You will play a pivotal role in helping us reach our long-term growth plans, delivering even more dreams for children and young people with life-limiting and serious illnesses.
As the Head of Service Delivery, you will be responsible for the whole Dreams delivery operation, and for increasing the number of dreams delivered by creating referral and delivery partnerships which will allow us to support more children and young people.
Our aim is to increase the number of dreams delivered in the pandemic - 87 in 2021/22 to 1000 per year in 2024/25 - by widening our networks and adapting our delivery model, whilst gaining cost efficiencies, including by maximising gifts in kind.
Reporting to the Director of Resources, you will be responsible for delivering the right mix of dreams – individual, community, and group activity to ensure that we meet targets set. It is about taking ownership of, and being accountable for, all aspects of service delivery. It’s about strategically developing our service offer at the same time as leading operational delivery in a collaborative and visible manner.
You will create referral partnerships with Health and Social Care providers so we can increase our delivery, taking us from a small number of delivery areas to delivering on a UK scale, whilst working with the finance team to control costs.
Additionally, you will:
- Be responsible for the modelling dreams delivery and workforce planning to enable the fulfilment of dreams to meet KPIs
- Develop and adapt our service delivery mechanisms to ensure that we deliver the best possible experience to our dream children, supporting innovation and continual improvement, whilst maintaining a bespoke experience
- Delivering the right type of Dream types to fit budgetary and timescale parameters
- Budget setting, management, and monitoring for dreams delivery
- Continually monitor the dream fulfilment process and look for ways to improve
- Create a volunteer engagement programme, induction, and ongoing training
- Ensure that the Safeguarding standards are maintained for the charity as Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Manage the Dreams staff team, setting clear objectives to ensure delivery of the strategic plan
To join us as the Head of Service Delivery, you will need:
- At least five years’ experience in a senior management role, managing people and budgets
- A proven track record of successfully managing people, budgets and risks
- Previous experience of working within or delivering to the charity sector and/or Health & Social Care sector
- The ability to understand, manage and generate reliable service performance data and translate it into insight for robust operational plans and service improvements
- A good working knowledge of programme and project management principles
- Working knowledge of GDPR requirements
- Sound knowledge of the key principles of safeguarding children
- Solid IT skills (Microsoft ogive) and the ability to work with databases and/or CRM
- The ability to coach, manage and develop high-performing teams and work collaboratively across the organisation
- Prepared to travel on occasions across the UK in the delivery of dreams
A degree or equivalent experience in service delivery and/or project management would be beneficial to your application but not essential.
Experience of delivering, or working in partnership with, health and social care providers would be an advantage, as well as previous experience of scaling up operational delivery via a model that does not have on the ground presence.
The closing date for applications is the 30th June 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate vetting procedures (proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of residency and satisfactory employment screening, including DBS and two most recent references) and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check prior to appointment in line with Safer Recruitment, along with 3-yearly renewals of DBS.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Delivery, Head of Service, Service Delivery Manager, Service Delivery Lead, Operations Manager, or Operations Lead.
Dreams Come True values equality and diversity and welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion, or belief, marital or civil partnership status, political opinion, social or economic status or pregnancy and maternity.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as the Head of Service Delivery, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.