NICE is a leading UK charity based in Birmingham, dedicated to improving the lives of people with movement disorders. We work with around 250 families affected by conditions such as cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s, stroke and MS and push the boundaries of human potential every day.
A lack, loss or difficulty with movement affects every aspect of daily life. We find that people with disabilities frequently spend much of their time being assessed for what they can’t do, rather than the potential they have. NICE is different; we take a “can do” approach and teach individuals, through conductive education, the life skills to be the very best they can be and help them to reach their potential.
In the aftermath of COVID-19 our services are needed more than ever. To ensure we can meet needs we have created a new and exciting role of Business Development Manager. This person would be an integral part of our NICE team and work with us towards creating a new phase for the charity. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with disabilities and help NICE generate the income needed to help as many families as possible.
The main purpose of this role is to place NICE in a new, improved context to generate increased fundraising opportunities and revenue. You would be expected to engage and build new relationships with local businesses, donors and corporate organisations. You will use your strong sales and business development experience to build long lasting relationships with those supporters.
You will, work as a member of our fundraising team and closely with the Chief Executive.
- Generate leads and identify new potential fundraising opportunities for both individuals and organisations
- Network extensively with corporate organisations and other associations to encourage and develop support for NICE
- Work with the CEO and FR team to deliver the fundraising strategy
- Identify, develop and manage a programme of new fundraising initiatives to maximise awareness and generate new support for NICE as well as maximise attendance at events we hold
- Develop effective supporter journeys: acquiring and cultivating supporters appropriately
- Attend key events, presentations and meetings where required to maximise income and relationship building opportunities.
- Be confident in preparing and presenting a tailored charity pitch to corporate organisations when required with the aim of securing charity partnerships of all sizes, both locally and regionally
- Develop sound relationships with external supporters and represent NICE externally reflecting key messages in ways that attract supporters and reflect positively on the brand of NICE
- Work collaboratively with the fundraising team to ensure that supporter stories and fundraising opportunities are appropriately reflected in all communication media
To join us as the Business Development Manager you will need:
- A proven track record of generating significant funds from individuals/companies through relationship management in a fundraising, sales or marketing role
- The ability to influence and persuade a wide range of stakeholders
- To be confident in actively seeking new opportunities for future support and funding
- To be a proactive self-starter who will use initiative to resolve problems and create solutions to improve results
- To be passionate about making a difference to the lives of our families
- To learn and embrace the unique nature of our work and articulate this to potential supporters and donors
- To be a team player and become an integral part of our fundraising team, supporting events where needed
- Flexible and responsive to change in market forces
- Be creative and innovative supporting the generation of new ideas
- Educated to degree level (Business or Marketing degree preferable)
Interviews will be held week commencing the 12th July
Please send CV to Marie McCann at email@example.com