Programme Manager – FaithPlans
The FaithPlans Programme is a joint initiative of FaithInvest and WWF (Beliefs and Values Programme). The programme has been established to create new impetus for environmental action within the biggest organised sector of civil society in the world – the faiths – to help them channel their assets, investments and influence to drive practical action to address the ecological and climate crisis. This is an exciting programme designed by faiths for faiths.
The programme aims to enable faith groups to create their own long-term plans for the decade of Action on the SDGs (up to 10 years) which will enable them to mainstream their environmental and sustainability activities across all of their operations, including their investments; to create a framework for faith-motivated environmental sustainability projects which will introduce technical skills from specialist agencies; create opportunities for funding; signposting thematic projects and partnerships. The project also aims to create a showcase of the scope and scale of faith environmental and sustainability activities and thus help raise ambition amongst governments and multilateral structures at key international moments such as COP26 and Stockholm +50.
The project team are now seeking an experienced Programme Manager to lead the internal organisation and management of this project. The position will be located within the Movement Building team of FaithInvest, reporting to the Director of Movement Building. They will have overall responsibility for planning and execution of this project under the guidance of the FaithPlans Core Group chaired by FaithInvest CEO.
- Be the main person responsible for overseeing and coordinating the FaithPlans project team.
- Ensure regular project team meetings and updates take place.
- Work with each lead to fulfil their roles and responsibilities, make sure timetables are adhered to, coordinate with each team member as appropriate.
- Oversee logistics involved in ensuring a successful FaithPlans programme.
- Keep abreast of the key relationships with partners and participants working on FaithPlans.
- Oversee the management of the database of faith groups and organise data protection and guidelines.
- Design and oversee the implementation of an online campaign strategy for the recruitment and retention of programme participants
- Assist with content of webinar programme.
- Organise online working groups on each part of the FaithPlans framework.
- Manage programme budget.
- Prepare reports to donors on the project deliverables.
- Oversee the small sub-grants to partners: design grant criteria, M&E, reporting.
- Conduct periodic analysis of programme for adaptive management.
- Help identify additional funding for FaithPlans Programme.
- Support the senior team in FaithInvest in external advocacy with UK government, UN and key external partners.
- Support the Director of Communications in drafting statements and engaging with media in relation to the FaithPlans.
The ideal candidate will have excellent project management skills and be well versed in the scale up and delivery of complex projects involving many partners. They will be passionate about care for the earth and the role that faith communities can play.
- Ability to communicate clearly to a range of stakeholders via email, reports, newsletter production.
- Trained in Salesforce and use of CRM for data management.
- Skilled in online content production and global campaigns.
- Technical knowledge of online translation.
- Master degree in Environmental Management, Project Management, Sustainable Development or related discipline and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of five years managing complex projects, ideally in the areas of conservation and/or sustainable development.
- Experience working with faith leaders and/or faith communities.
- Broad knowledge and good networks within the faiths and environment sector and/or civil society sectors working on sustainability and climate change.
- Technical knowledge of webinar and online content production.
- Significant professional experience working in areas related to ESG, Socially Responsible Investment and/or Impact Investing (most likely minimum of 7 years);
- Experience engaging faith groups (not necessarily Catholic) in discussion around faith, values and investments.
- Collaborative, team player – able to keep everyone on board, informed and generate action.
- Ability to act with initiative and to collaborate across teams and partners at a distance;
- Well-organised and able to work calmly under pressure;
- Ability to work with discretion, confidentiality, conscious of sensitivities of different faiths.
The role is based remotely, working from home, and a flexible and adaptable approach is needed on a weekly basis as FaithInvest work with partner organisations across various time zones. The ability to work at least four times a week within core UK working hours (12pm – 5pm UK time) is essential. When circumstances allow, the role will involve travel to Ireland and the UK on a regular basis. Must have the right to work and be based in the UK or Ireland.
The role is offered as a fixed purpose 1-year contract, with evaluation after 6 months.
A second year is dependent on a successful evaluation and on funding being confirmed.
£40,000 - £60,000 per annum (Gross salary)
Negotiable, based on experience.
Automatic enrolment into the employer’s pension scheme.
20 working days per annum in addition to the UK public holidays (or local public holidays where based).
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “Programme Manager” in the subject field.
Please note that CVs sent without a cover letter will not be considered
Application Deadline: 12 midnight Wednesday 23 June.