FaithInvest is looking for an experienced and highly skilled communications professional to join its team as Senior Communications Officer. You will have proven experience in building impactful communication and engagement strategies, as well as excellent writing, digital communications skills (social media, video and photo editing) and website design and development. This is a key role within a growing and ambitious organisation at an exciting state of its evolution.
FaithInvest was established in 2019 to support faith communities and institutions to align their investments more closely with their beliefs and values. Through its membership and outreach programmes, it works to build bridges between faith communities and the world of finance and investments. Its mission is to grow the scale and impact of values-driven, faith-consistent investing, for the benefit of people and planet.
Senior Comunications Officer role
Working alongside and reporting to the Director of Communications, you will play a key role in delivering compelling communications across our two main programmes: Membership – aimed at investment professionals in faith-based institutions; and Movement – aimed at a more general audience, including faith communities.
Enthusiastic, flexible and full of creative flair, you will have demonstrable experience in shaping and implementing successful communication strategies for digital channels, as well as for specific campaigns and in writing compelling and accurate content and using storytelling alongside evidence and statistics. Experience or knowledge of the social investment/impact investing/finance world will be a distinct advantage. You will also have demonstrable experience in designing and updating web pages (ideally on the Wix platform) with exceptional attention to acuracy and detail. You will be adept at multi-tasking and have a can-do attitude; we are a small but growing team so we need someone who is willing to roll their sleeves up, get stuck in and support colleagues wherever needed.
- Design and deliver communications strategies for specific campaigns
- Manage the FaithInvest websites, designing pages, updating content and developing innovative ways to increase traffic
- Create high quality, relevant, compelling and original content, including videos, podcasts, infographics, press releases, news items and reports
- Strengthen FaithInvest's presence across social media, ensuring we are producing high quality content, engaging in sector-relevant online communities and growing our following
- Produce quarterly reports on web and social metrics (user traffic, online mentions, social media engagement) and continually seek ways to improve engagement
- Liaise with financial media globally to secure coverage about FaithInvest's activities
- Produce corporate publications including annual review and corporate brochures
- Help to identify opportunities to raise FaithInvest's profile, reputation and positioning
- Strong and relevant external communications and publications experience
- Proven track record of running successful communications campaigns
- First-hand understanding of offline and digital communications channels
- Experience of updating websites and designing new web pages (especially using Wix)
- Outstanding writing skills, able to transform complex messages into clear communications
- Skilled at producing high-quality, engaging, and original content, including videos, podcasts, infographics, as well as press releases, news items and corporate publications
- At least seven years’ experience in a traditional communications role, such as: PR/marketing, digital marketing and social media, journalism
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Experience and knowledge in writing original content, proofreading and editing
- Video, podcast and photo editing skills
- Experience of using data, metrics and analytics across all channels including digital and social media to inform communications plans and campaigns
- Trained in Salesforce and use of CRM for data management (desirable)
- Creative, entrepreneurial and adaptable; able to multi-task
- Good judgment and news sense; able to spot opportunities to secure coverage
- Collaborative and team player but also able to work on own initiative
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills
- Able to work with discretion, confidentiality, conscious of sensitivities of different faiths
- Knowledge and/or experience of social investment/impact investment/finance markets
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with different faiths
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Knowledge of Apple computers
The role is based remotely, working from home, and a flexible and adaptable approach is needed on a weekly basis as FaithInvest work with partner organisations across various time zones. When circumstances allow, the role will involve 2-3 day residential team meetings, usually in London/South West England, every 6-8 weeks or so. Must have the right to work and be based in the UK or Ireland.
The role is offered as a fixed purpose 1 year contract, with evaluation after 6 months.
A second year is dependent on a successful evaluation and on funding being confirmed.
£38,000 - £43,000 per annum (gross salary)
Negotiable, based on experience.
Automatic enrolment into the employer’s pension scheme.
20 working days per annum in addition to the UK public holidays (or normal public holidays where based).
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter plus examples or links to relevant work to email@example.com with ‘Senior Communications Officer’ in the subject line. Please note that CVs sent without a cover letter will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Midnight BST, June 23