Trust & Foundations and Legacy Manager
Liphook, Hampshire (Office and home-based)
Dreams Come True is a national charity with a big heart and a clear purpose. We exist to fulfil the dreams of children and young people with serious and life-limiting conditions.
We are the only wish-granting organisation that is singularly focused on delivering dreams to children and young people living in the highest areas of deprivation. We believe that because of this, we are answering an unmet need, by allowing these 5 to 18-year-olds – who would otherwise be missed – a chance to have their bespoke dream.
And that is what makes us unique – we have a simple principle that we aim to help those that others can’t and in doing so, place our amazing Dreams Families at the heart of every decision, every action and every opportunity. We are a charity that focuses on impact and making a positive difference to those we seek to help.
We are currently seeking a Trust & Foundations and Legacy Manager to join our fundraising team on a full-time basis, working 35 hours a week. This role will be a mixture of working in the office and from home.
- Salary of circa £30,000
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual with demonstrable experience of regularly securing significant donations from Trusts & Foundations and Legacies to advance their career and grow and succeed with our charity, enabling us to make an impact on the lives of those who need it most.
You will play a vital role in helping our small and dedicated team to build new, and continue, existing relationships with donors so we can continue to make dreams come true for children and young people with life-limiting and serious illnesses.
As the Trust & Foundations and Legacy Manager, you will lead the planning and delivery of all T&F and Legacy activity to increase income, widen engagement and foster long term relationships.
Reporting to the Head of Bespoke Fundraising (Corporate, Major Donor, Trusts & Foundations and Legacies), you will develop and strengthen high value Trust relationships at a Trustee and operational level. You will ensure their funds are spent in line with the purpose for which they were raised and that they receive regular and timely progress reports and appropriate recognition for their donations.
Additionally, you will be responsible for running all Planned Giving / Legacy activity including marketing plans, promotion, and activity, communicating with solicitors, record keeping and administration.
As the Trust & Foundations and Legacy Manager, you will also:
- Develop and manage a portfolio of relationships with T&F donors
- Maintain and develop the mailing programme for small (£0-£5k) and medium (£5k - £15k) Trusts
- Work with colleagues to identify strategic applications (£25k+) that creates projects to improve the pipeline and returns
- Run all stewardship activity and create appropriate marketing material and supporter journeys for legacy pledgers and enquirers
- Ensure that all fundraising activities undertaken are legal, ethical, and based on good practice guidelines
To join us as a Trust & Foundations and Legacy Manager, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience and a track record of regularly securing significant (£30-£100k) donations from Trusts & Foundations and Legacies
- Experience of growing income and/or delivering fundraising targets via management of a Trust portfolio inclusive of mailing programmes for small Trusts
- Proven ability to form positive and productive relationships with internal stakeholders
- The ability to assess, comprehend and manage complex written and financial information quickly and accurately
- The ability to create clear, inspirational, and persuasive proposals
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with donors and operate at a senior level
- To be computer literate and familiar with common Office programmes and fundraising databases
- An understanding and appreciation of the legislation affecting charity fundraising
The closing date for applications is the 30th June 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate vetting procedures (proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of residency and satisfactory employment screening, including DBS and two most recent references) and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check prior to appointment in line with Safer Recruitment, along with 3-yearly renewals of DBS.
Other organisations may call this role Trust & Fundraising Manager, Fundraising Manager (Trusts and Foundations), or Legacy Development Manager.
Dreams Come True values equality and diversity and welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion, or belief, marital or civil partnership status, political opinion, social or economic status or pregnancy and maternity.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Trust & Foundations and Legacy Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.