Head of Bespoke Fundraising (Corporate, Major Donor, Trusts & Foundations and Legacies)
Liphook, Hampshire (Office and home-based)
Dreams Come True is a national charity with a big heart and a clear purpose. We exist to fulfil the dreams of children and young people with serious and life-limiting conditions.
We are the only wish-granting organisation that is singularly focused on delivering dreams to children and young people living in the highest areas of deprivation. We believe that because of this, we are answering an unmet need, by allowing these 5 to 18-year-olds – who would otherwise be missed – a chance to have their bespoke dream.
And that is what makes us unique – we have a simple principle that we aim to help those that others can’t and in doing so, place our amazing Dreams Families at the heart of every decision, every action and every opportunity. We are a charity that focuses on impact and making a positive difference to those we seek to help.
We are currently seeking a Head of Bespoke Fundraising to join our team on a full-time basis, working 35 hours per week.
- Salary of up to £45,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with experience in devising, implementing, and delivering bespoke fundraising strategies to join our charity and help us continue to make dreams come true for children and young people with life-limiting and serious illnesses.
We are a small team and you will play a key role in acquiring new income so we can continue to grant the wishes of children and young people and make a positive impact on their lives and those of their families and carers.
As the Head of Bespoke Fundraising, you will be responsible for developing and maximising support from Corporates, Major Donors, Trusts & Foundations and Legacies.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will work towards an ambitious target of £765,000 in 2021/22, which rises to £1.8m in 2024/25. You will develop and implement bespoke fundraising strategies to increase income, widen engagement and foster long term relationships which will support the continuation of our work and expansion of our remit and support for those who need it most.
Additionally, you will develop and deliver a stewardship and management plan for new and existing partners and major donors, whilst identifying new sources of funding.
As the Head of Bespoke Fundraising, you will also:
- Identify, solicit, and secure long-term mutually beneficial corporate partnerships
- Be responsible for the delivery of the charity’s major donor income targets through planning and implementing targeted activities
- Provide line management and direction to the Trusts & Foundations and Legacy Manager
- Oversee the delivery of an appropriate Planned Giving / Legacy Programme
To join us the Head of Bespoke Fundraising, you will need:
- Evidence of either running bespoke fundraising or commercial development activities and making a tangible difference
- Experience in managing, delivering, and reporting on a significant annual budget
- People management experience
- Experience in devising, implementing, and delivering income generating/fundraising strategies
- Creation and delivery of compelling cases for support
- Understanding the role of brand proposition and marcomms in bespoke fundraising
- To be strategic with the ability to see the big picture
- Strong relationship building, presentation and pitching skills
We are committed to safeguarding. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate vetting procedures (proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of residency and satisfactory employment screening, including DBS and two most recent references) and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check prior to appointment in line with Safer Recruitment, along with 3-yearly renewals of DBS.
The closing date for applications is the 30th June 2021.
Other organisations may call this role Donor Relations Manager, Corporate Fundraiser, Senior New Business Manager, New Business Development Manager, or Major Donor Manager.
Dreams Come True values equality and diversity and welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion, or belief, marital or civil partnership status, political opinion, social or economic status or pregnancy and maternity.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Head of Bespoke Fundraising, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.