UnLtd is the leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK and offers the largest such network in the world. Our mission is to find social entrepreneurs with bold solutions to today’s challenges. Through funding and support, we help them to realise their potential and creating lasting change.
UnLtd’s vision is a future where enterprising people are transforming our world for good. To enable this, we are committed to developing an eco-system of support to make it easier for those who need help to find it.
UnLtd values diversity and is committed to inclusion and understanding intersectionality. These are more than just buzz words for us. They are principles guiding how we build our teams, support leaders, empower social entrepreneurs and create an organisation that is the right fit for every person.
To support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their lived experiences and ideas, we have embedded an equity and inclusion group within UnLtd giving us a wide range of different perspectives in our work to help us see what is most needed in society. We are particularly keen to hear from those who identify as Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic, LGBTQIA, those with a disability, impairment, learning difference, those with caring responsibilities, from a less advantaged socioeconomic background as well as any other under-represented group in our workforce.
If there is any aspect of viewing this document that is not appropriate to your user needs, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details to see what we can do.
Head of Finance
Terms: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £50,186 to £59,042 per annum plus London weighting of £3,285 per annum if applicable
Location: Due to Covid-19, this is initially an agile role so you can be based anywhere in the UK. Once we start to re-open our offices for staff, you are welcome to use one of the UnLtd office hubs in London, Bradford or Birmingham, or a satellite office in Scotland or Northern Ireland. We welcome applications from anywhere across the UK and are open to discuss flexible working, including working from home.
We are seeking a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong technical finance understanding that can be evidenced through experience.
The Head of Finance will work closely with the Director of Corporate Services to lead the delivery of the day-to-day finance function and contribute to the strategic growth of our organisation.
Ensuring that financial information and processes are well understood by non-finance colleagues will be a key element of this role. You will manage the Finance team and ensure statutory accounting and other financial compliance requirements are met.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the robustness and effectiveness of the charity’s financial control systems
- Help develop finance systems to support new business areas, specifically investment fund management system
- Support the business and partnership development of the organisation
- Ensure high standard and timely financial reporting
- Review and improve on the efficiency of the financial processes
- Lead and motivate the Finance Officer and Finance Assistant, working closely with them to ensure they are supported and developed
You will have:
- Experience of drafting annual statutory accounts
- Experience in creating and managing investment funds
- Experience in managing a payment process for grants
- Up to date knowledge of relevant financial legislation, accounting conventions and best practice
- Experience in line managing people
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021 at 5pm
First round of interviews: Monday 5th July 2021
Final interviews: Expected to be on Friday 9th July 2021
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.