We have an exciting new opportunity for a Volunteer Co-ordinator to work with a dedicated group of volunteers supporting people with a learning Disabilities live their lives to the full.
Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Hours: Part-time, 30 hours
Salary: Starting salary £19237 per annum, pro rata
Benefits: Competitive rates of pay – with annual increments, Employer Pension Contributions, 20 days’ annual leave, with annual increments up to 25 days + B/hols
Closing Date: 1st July 2021
About the Role
The Volunteer Coordinator will recruit, develop and support volunteers and support the Citizens Board and Family stakeholders to develop their engagement with the organisation.
Main responsibilities include:
- Supporting and developing the Citizens on the Citizen Board.
- Supporting the CEO in developing formal engagement with families.
- Supporting managers in the recruitment, training and facilitation of Volunteers across the charity.
As Volunteer Coordinator, you will be able to communicate effectively in a wide range of setting with a wide range of settings with diverse groups of people and bring with you experience of:
- Working with volunteers
- Promotion of services using variety of media including website news articles and social media and networking
You will have:
- Excellent organisational and team coordination abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing.
- An understanding of the Vision Mission and Values of the organisation and the value of Volunteers in delivering the Vision.
- Empathy with Volunteers and an understanding of their needs.
- An ability to deal with information.
The charity is an equal opportunity employer and positive about disabled people. All successful applicants will require a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
You may have experience in areas such as Volunteer Manager, Volunteer Management, Volunteer Coordinator, Volunteering, Volunteer, and Programme Coordinator.