London (covering London and surrounding areas)
Build a fairer society……unlock your potential with Locality.
Locality is a national network supporting community organisations to be strong and successful. Our network stretches across England, brings together like-minded people and creates belonging, connection and community spirit.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Development Officer to join us on a permanent, full time basis.
- Salary of £32,000 - £35,700 per annum (depending on location)
- 25 days’ holiday
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you have experience of providing support to businesses or community sector organisations, this is an exciting opportunity to work with community organisations, Local Authorities and other organisations, mainly in London, delivering high quality support and business advice.
We have recently been awarded an Investors in People Gold accreditation, which reflects the results of our own survey where all staff felt that Locality was a great employer. A comment from our recent staff survey says it all, “great leadership, intelligent proactive colleagues, inspiring members and trust and flexibility to do the job”.
You’ll find inspiration from our passionate team of colleagues, as well as from our member organisations, who are all working towards the goal of a fairer society.
So, if you want to change the world through the power of community, apply today!
As a Development Officer, you’ll help community organisations in London and the surrounding areas to achieve their goals.
You will provide high quality business support to community-based organisations and other stakeholders. This will include business planning and feasibility, community business start-up advice, governance and legal structures and access to funding.
Working within our Support, Advice and Consultancy Team, you will also help deliver Locality’s aims by generating new business and income.
Specifically, you will:
- Help deliver programmes in your region through analysis, research and events
- Develop and deliver on grant funded programmes and provide support
- Secure tenders and funding bids
- Produce reports and case studies
- Support our membership team by engaging with members
To join us as a Development Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working in a key role within or providing support to businesses and/or community organisations
- Previous experience of winning contracts and funding bids and meeting financial and other targets
- An in-depth understanding of community organisations and/or enterprises
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A good level of financial literacy
- Organisational and ‘self-management’ skills
Other organisations may call this role Community Development Officer, Enterprise Advisor, Community Enterprise Advisor, Enterprise Development Advisor, Business Advisor, or Business & Enterprise Advisor.
The closing date for applications is the 21st June 2021.
The sector in which Locality works is often dominated by people from White British and/or people with privileged backgrounds. For this post we are keen to see applications from people who have lived experience of living and or working in, and with good understanding of communities/organisations that reflect the strengths and diversity of the Capital. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our organisation, such as disabled people and people from Black, Asian and minoritised ethnic communities.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Development Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.