Marketing & Membership Executive
Society of London Theatre (SOLT) and the UK Theatre Association (UK Theatre) are organisations that work with, and on behalf of, our Members to promote excellence, professional development, and campaign to improve resilience and increase audiences across the sector.
We are now seeking a Marketing and Membership Executive to join the UK Theatre team in London.
- Salary of £32,000 - £35,000 per annum DOE
- 22 days' annual leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Income protection scheme
- Benefits package
This is an exciting opportunity for a marketing professional with a flair for creating amazing comms to advance their career and make a real impact on our membership and marketing activity.
You’ll be working across two strands of our organisation, marketing and memberships, tying them together to ensure that we can engage with our existing members while increasing our reach and promoting all the work we do to support the wider theatre sector.
Theatre in the UK is set to make a huge comeback this year and so we are excited about the future and the potential that you will bring. We’re looking for marketing people who love to put on their thinking caps and make a difference. If that sounds like you, apply today.
As the Marketing & Membership Executive, you’ll be playing a key, vital role in our organisation promoting our work to our membership and the wider theatre industry.
In the dual role, you’ll be planning and delivering our marketing activity as well as devising and implementing membership strategies to retain and recruit members.
Creating year-round, engaging and creative B2B marketing communications (marcoms) plans, you will aim to promote our services and benefits to new and existing members. You’ll devise integrated marcoms campaigns and set KPIs to track the effectiveness of each one.
As part of the UK Theatre team and working alongside other SOLT teams, you will process membership applications, produce application forecasts and develop opportunities to grow memberships and deliver benefits.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Co-ordinating the creation of original marcoms content
- Acting as the main point of internal contact for marcoms plans
- Updating and maintaining the UK Theatre website
- Providing a knowledgeable and efficient service to all member queries
- Maintaining the Membership Directory and contacts database for UK Theatre
- Acting as a super user on our CRM and CMS systems, training and supporting other staff
- Ensuring that access and inclusion best practice are embedded in all our marcoms activity
To be considered as the Marketing & Membership Executive, you will need:
- The ability to develop and deliver marketing communications plans
- Experience of drafting, editing and publishing written marketing communications for a range of purposes (e.g. social media, webpages, newsletters and guidance documents)
- Experience of using website Content Management Systems (CMS) to manage and publish content
- Knowledge of website and social media analytics and able to produce reports that communicate the meaning behind the data
- Content creation experience for websites and social media including written text, graphics and film and photo editing and subtitling
- Experience of writing and creating emails and scheduling email-marketing campaigns
- A commitment to, and understanding of, the issues relating to diversity and inclusion
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Photoshop
CRM system knowledge and experience of membership management would be beneficial to your application. Experience of using social media platform management systems like Tweetdeck would also be an advantage, as would knowledge of UK theatre industry.
Other organisations may call this role Marketing Executive, Membership Executive, Marcoms Executive, Marketing Communications Executive, Marketing Campaigns Executive, or Digital Marketing Officer.
The closing date for this role is the 21st June 2021.
Webrecruit and SOLT/UK Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
For the first part of this application process, we will only be using your answers to the questions we’ve set to assess which applicants most meet our candidate criteria. We won’t be looking at any of your personal details or your CV. We do this so that we are only assessing your ability to do the job based on the information you give in your answers, and not on your schooling or previous employment, to make the application process as fair as possible.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Marketing & Membership Executive, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.