We have an exciting new Fundraising role within a small but growing medical charity.
Position: Fundraising Officer
Location: Home Based with regular travel to the head office in central London
Salary: £25 - £30K depending on experience
Contract: Full time (35 hours per week), permanent
About the role:
As Fundraising Officer you will be working within a small charity, you will be the first fundraising employee and will have a wide and interesting remit covering multiple sources of fundraising, including; Individual Giving, Events and Community Fundraising, Trusts and Foundations and Corporate Fundraising.
You will also help to develop and support a new volunteer fundraising team as well as helping to promote and grow the organisations membership as part of the donor acquisition strategy.
The post will offer wide-ranging skills development opportunities including access to training as well as regular support and guidance from a professional fundraising consultant.
To be successful in the role of Fundraising Officer you will need to have some previous experience of Fundraising, particularly in community or events fundraising or individual giving.
You will also bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, sensitivity and negotiation skills
- Dynamic and proactive personality
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage projects to tight deadlines
- Flexibility to attend events outside of normal working hours including evenings and weekends
- Experience of writing fundraising communications and reports, editing and proof reading.
- Excellent IT skills inc MS Office
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work in dependently
Although not essential, experience of working within a health / social care charity would be an advantage.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Fundraising, Fundraiser, Events Fundraising, Events Fundraiser, Events Marketing, Fundraising Marketing, Supporter Engagement, Charity, NFP, Not for Profit, Individual Giving, Events and Community Fundraising, Trusts and Foundations, Corporate Fundraising etc.