We are looking to appoint an Engagement Manager to join a small but dedicated team based in Chertsey.
You would have a key role in the strengthening and capacity building of local voluntary organisations primarily in Runnymede (but also Surrey Heath and Spelthorne) using businesses and partners to maximise support to the Voluntary Sector including planning and volunteering.
Position: Engagement Manager
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Duration: Full-time on a 2-year fixed term contract
Closing Date: 22nd June 2021
About the role:
As Engagement Manager you will be working with are an independent charity who support voluntary and community organisations, statutory agencies and the business community to be a voice, promote voluntary work, support charitable organisations and identify gaps in the provision of local services.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To engage with local groups in order to maximise support.
- To target voluntary organisations on the database, establish their needs and identify ways in which they can be supported.
- To support with business plans
- To develop and increase volunteering opportunities
- To give fundraising advice and support
- To help with good governance
- Improve the communication process between the organisation and its volunteers
To be successful in the role of Engagement Manager you will have previous professional experience within a similar role, helping people with funding advice and business plans and strategy. You will also bring with you the following key skills and experience:
- The confidence to speak publicly and present
- The ability to evaluate, analyse and report succinctly
- Be of positive disposition and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to engage and connect with voluntary organisations and deliver training
- A good understanding of IT office software including Microsoft Excel or equivalent and ideally Salesforce contact management system
- A team player
- Have a driving license and access to a car
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Business Adviser, Business Development, Capacity Builder, Voluntary Support Manager, Volunteer Manager, Community Engagement Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, Community Builder, Development Manager, Volunteer Development, Charity Development, etc.