Individual Giving Fundraiser
Would you like to improve the health and wellbeing of children and adults through the healing power of live music?
We have an amazing opportunity for a passionate and creative Individual Giving Fundraiser to grow and steward our Friends and individual supporters.
Position: Individual Giving Fundraiser
Location: Either office based once restrictions allow in Edinburgh, Cardiff, Walton-on-Thames or home based
Hours: Part-time, 22.5 or 30 hours
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 (pro rata)
Contract: One year fixed term with possible extension
Benefits: Excellent benefits package including 35 days per year (inclusive of bank holidays), Employer Pension contribution of 5%, Death in Service benefits, access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the opportunity for flexible working.
Closing Date: 18 June 2021 5pm
Interview Date: Week commencing 12 July
The Individual Giving Fundraiser will be responsible for the development of appeals to enable live music in hospitals, care homes, hospices and in the community. You will also plan and manage related processes, including the coordination of external and internal resources.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop a strategy for the recruitment, engagement and retention of Friends and individuals
- Ensure all proposals align with the organisation’s vision, mission, strategic aims and values
- Cultivate and sustain strong relationships with individual supporters
- Work closely with the Head of Fundraising and Communications on drafting and producing regular giving resources, including those required for direct mail appeals, and e-appeals
- Help plan and manage all processes, including the coordination of resources, external and internal
- Manage supporter journeys for those recruited by mail, email and text
- Use our CRMs to ensure relationships with potential supporters are managed effectively
- Use data segmentation and creative targeting techniques to maximise the effectiveness of appeals
- Develop creative and inspiring content
- Assist with the overall management and delivery of virtual and mail fundraising
- Working with the Head of Fundraising and Communications develop individual giving plans and budgets
- Working with the team maintain existing and co-create new cases for support for a range of initiatives and projects
As Individual Giving Fundraiser, you will be passionate and proactive with knowledge of raising money through individual giving appeals and how to grow individual giving programmes. You will use your creativity to deliver powerful and compelling cases for support and bring appeals to life.
You will have experience of:
- Raising funds through individual giving
- Writing appeals to a high standard
- Growing individual giving programmes
When applying for this role you will be asked to submit a CV and Covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4.
About the Organisation
The charity improves the health and wellbeing of children and adults through the healing power of live music. Every year, professional musicians share live music with over 100,000 people from across the UK, who may not otherwise get to experience it. This includes those living with dementia, mental health problems, or who are seriously ill.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes enquiries from everyone and values diversity in the workforce and is committed to safeguarding. This role will require a basic DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) or equivalent check
You may also have experience in areas such as Individual Giving, Individual Giving Fundraiser, Fundraiser, Giving, Supporter Engagement Officer, Supporter Engagement, Friends, Campaign, Engagement Officer, Supporter Giving, Supporter Fundraiser, Fundraising and Engagement, Partnerships Fundraising, Marketing, Communications, Funds, Programme, Bids, Music.