Job Title: Shop Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 per week, shift rota to cover 7 day opening
Location: St John’s Wood High Street
We are looking for an experienced and creative Shop Manager to assist in the smooth operation and eventual expansion of our charity shop situated in St John’s Wood high-street. You will work closely with the Retail Manager to ensure that the shop is effectively managed. This role requires someone with excellent drive and proven experience in the retail sector.
St John’s Hospice treats over 4,000 terminally ill patients and their families each year both in the in-patient unit and out in the community. This free of charge Hospice is supported by charitable funds from The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, and this position will support the charity’s fundraising department.
Am I the right person for this Shop Manager role?
- Successful experience in a supervisory role in retail- preferably charity retail sector
- Experience of managing or working with volunteers
- Fashion retail experience, to include cash handling, merchandising, display, working with customers and stock control
- Flexible, can-do attitude
- Creative thinking with a passion to expand products
What are the Responsibilities of this Shop Manager role?
- To assist the Retail Manager to maximise net profit in the charity shop through helping to develop and implement operational plans to drive sales, manage stock and control costs.
- To help manage shop activities and achieve set targets
- To be able to cover the Retail Manager when they are not present
Why apply for this role as Shop Manager?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 30 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive structuring
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you