RISE is seeking an enthusiastic feminist Fundraising & Engagement Manager to grow and deliver our fundraising, engagement and communications strategy in-line with the RISE strategic plan and budget. You will be in an influential role working for a highly regarded women-led, women-centred and trauma informed charity with 26-years track-record in violence against women and girls (VAWG) and LGBT+ Domestic Abuse. Our vision is ‘Freedom from Abuse and Violence’ and our three main strategic aims are: Excellence, Community Focus, Voice and Leadership (read more here).
Leading a small team, you will develop and grow a committed supporter base, including personal stewardship of high worth donors, introducing innovative approaches to diversify income streams as well as championing survivor involvement. The successful candidate will take an analytical approach to monitoring and evaluating fundraising and engagement activity and prioritise growing new areas of income generation such as trusts and foundations; corporate partnerships; and legacy giving. You will lead the development of a new team and a new RISE Fundraising & Engagement Strategy.
The successful candidate will be creative, organised and resourceful, possess excellent cross-discipline income generation skills and have solid experience in running successful awareness-raising campaigns, maximising digital channels and securing press coverage to increase RISE’s reach. The role will oversee both internal and external communications and marketing and report to the Income Generation Sub-group of the RISE Board.
Interviews will take place week commencing 28 June 2021
* This post is only open to female applicants as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
RISE is a Disability Confident employer and actively works on being inclusive. We are keen to diversify our staff team to better reflect our community by encouraging black and minorities and disabled women to apply for this role. We guarantee an interview to all women meeting this description that meet the competencies required.
Benefits that we can offer in return:
- 3% employer contribution pension.
- Very generous holiday entitlement of 27 days’ annual leave rising to 29 after 5 years plus bank holidays.
- Employee assisted programme.
- Focus on well-being and balancing flexible working alongside RISE’s priorities.
- Committed to training and learning opportunities for continuous development.
- Trauma Focussed wellbeing support