Citizens Advice Southampton is a local charity providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to over 7,000 people in Southampton every year on any problems they might face. We work as part of a network of around 300 local Citizens Advice members across England and Wales.
You will be responsible for the oversight of our Money advice and Pension Service debt team, including service delivery and staff line-management, as well as overseeing the achievement of debt quality standards. You will be responsible to the Advice Service Manager.
- Qualified and experienced in providing regulated debt advice with a passion for alleviating debt, supporting clients with financial capability and developing the skills and knowledge of their team.
- To have completed, or commitment to train to achieve the required MaPS Accredited Technical Supervisor as well as the required Support and Supervision accreditation level within an agreed timeframe.
- Accredited by Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) Quality Framework up to Court Representation level.
- Working knowledge of the Money Advice Service DAPA scheme (previously Peer Review Scheme)
- Proven ability to monitor and evaluate performance through case checking and supervision, and to support improvement and development.
- Proven ability to identify service delivery issues affecting quality and work on own, or with others, to find appropriate and effective solutions.
- Ability to plan effectively and realistically, managing own workload in a busy environment and working accurately to agreed deadlines.
- Effective team leader with an ability and willingness to work as part of a team and excellent interpersonal skills. Proven ability to manage / supervise others and to lead by example. Develop and motivate staff, and give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively.
- Dynamic, self-starter, able to manage competing priorities, monitor and maintain service delivery against agreed targets.
- Can manage complex information, and thrive in a busy office environment, working flexibly to ensure work is produced to a high standard and to deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to include influencing and negotiating, representing clients and producing/presenting reports for internal and external audiences.
- Ability to make good use of IT in the provision of advice, record keeping and report writing.
- Able to commit to, and work within, the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service.
- Up-to-date understanding of equality and diversity and its application to providing advice and the supervision and development of staff.
- Undertake training to gain MaPS accreditation at Supervisor level within 6 months of taking up post.
1. Qualified DRO Intermediary
2. Recent work on the MaPS contracts.
3. Experience of giving financial capability advice.
4. Experience of working with vulnerable or marginalised people.