Amparo is a suicide postvention service that supports anyone who has been bereaved, or otherwise affected, by suicide. Although the service does not provide counselling, the roles we have are eminently suitable to experienced counsellors or those with experience in community work, social work or psychotherapy.
You will be carrying a caseload that includes providing information, face to face and timely 1:1 support to people exposed to, or bereaved by, suicide through:
• Providing support regarding the feelings and emotions that arise as a result of being exposed to, or bereavement by, suicide
• Assisting and where required acting as liaison in practical matters, such as understanding the different procedures that could take place after a death (the police investigation, the Coroner’s inquest, the funeral, media attention, wills, who to inform about the death etc)
• Undertaking initial assessments of those using the service
• Referring or signposting individuals to other local sources of support (both statutory and non-statutory) across the Amparo footprint.
• Working in partnership with other relevant agencies to reduce suicide risk e.g. Families, emergency services personnel, workplaces, schools and community groups.
For further details and an application form, please visit www.listening-ear.co.uk/jobs/