Job Title: Family Support Manager
Salary: £26,000-28,000 (pro-rata depending on experience)
Hours: 28 hours per week (open to negotiation with successful candidate)
Reports to: CEO
Responsible for: Helpline and Family services team of 2 staff and currently 4 volunteers
Location: ERIC is a national charity, based in Bristol. The role requires a hybrid of home and office- based working. The postholder must live in commutable distance of Bristol.
Further information Contact Juliette Rayner email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply: Send CV and Personal Statement stating clearly how your skills, behaviours and attributes make you a good candidate for the role. Please also include the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
Closing date: Midnight, Saturday 26 June 2021
Overall purpose of the role
The Family Support Manager will lead the delivery of ERIC’s existing services for children and young people and the people who care for them as well as developing new services in consultation with users, making sure we are responsive to the needs of our community.
Our Family Support and Helpline team includes experienced and committed expert practitioners and volunteers, mostly parents and healthcare professionals. You will be responsible for leading and motivating the team, supporting them as well as working across the wider ERIC team.
We are excited to be recruiting to this new role and we are looking for an ambitious leader, ready to take on a new challenge, supporting the achievement of our goals for children, young people and families.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Lead the delivery of our existing helpline service and the development of new and innovative services for families.
- Build on feedback from ERIC’s communities and stakeholders to design services that are accessible, with clear models of delivery to enable us to extend our reach and meet the needs of all users by providing a service fully inclusive to all.
- Provide leadership to the Family Support & Helpline team. To include coaching and development as well as supervision and ensuring core competencies are met.
- Recruit and manage parent and professional healthcare helpline volunteers.
- Manage and quality assure family services, monitoring impact via the Salesforce CRM system, using feedback and performance against KPI’s, completing service evaluations and identifying ways to continuously improve.
- Work collaboratively with the wider ERIC Team to support the achievement of ERIC’s strategic goals and organisation development.
- Liaise with our Finance and Support Services Manager to ensure services are carried out within budget requirements.
- Comply with all organisation’s policies relating to safeguarding, confidentiality, GDPR, employment, health & safety and privacy.
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the responsibilities of the post.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Strong leadership skills to support a range of working patterns including individual and team development.
- Ability to lead the development of new services, using excellent planning, strategic thinking, project management and evaluation skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement, setting and achieving service targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written which can be applied to different audiences.
- A strong team player, willing to share ideas and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Experience of managing a diverse workload, meeting deadlines while working under pressure.
- A demonstrable understanding of and a commitment to Equal Opportunities including the needs of different social, cultural and disability groups.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as required to deliver training and cover helpline shifts at short notice.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of safeguarding practice, procedures and legislation.
- Experience of using Salesforce or an alternative customer relationship management system.
- Experience in the voluntary sector and an enthusiasm for the work of the charity
- Understanding of the impact of children’s bowel and bladder problems