Communications, Campaigns & Marketing Manager (Charity)
£31,769 to £37,283 per annum, plus pension
Full time is 35 hours per week.
Our client are working to address the ‘triple crisis’ of climate emergency, ecological crisis, and people’s disconnection from nature. They manage 41 nature reserves, they work closely with other land managers to restore habitats, and they run innovative programmes to help people of all ages and backgrounds engage with nature. The Trust and its trading subsidiary employ over 40 staff, in addition to 800 volunteers and a network of local branches. Annual turnover is around £3m. They are an autonomous charity, but they are also part of the Trusts movement and they aim to align their programmes and systems more closely with the trust where this will enhance their impact.
They are creating a new post of Communications, Campaigns and Marketing Manager to take over the leadership of their team of comms and digital specialists; to plan, manage and evaluate their strategic communications and campaigns, in collaboration with the group and the relevant teams; and to coordinate all external communications across the Trust and ensure consistent high standards. The overall goal is to help nature’s recovery by influencing individuals and organisations, and by driving up unrestricted income in order to fund other vital work.
- Strong experience of planning and running successful campaigns including Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- A working knowledge of digital media and a good understanding of market research
- Proven ability to coordinate a range of communication channels within an organisation and of working with specialists, in any field, to communicate with a non-specialist audience
- Experience managing a similar team.
- A knowledge of wildlife and the natural environment is not essential, but an interest in public affairs and environmental issues is.
- You must have the ability to work under pressure and prioritise actions, and the flexibility to react rapidly to short-notice media requests and opportunities.
Closing date: 14 June 2021
First interviews: 21-24 June
Second interviews if needed: 28 June – 2 July