Job title: Policy and Delivery Manager (ICS Network)
Location: Central London (with a mix of remote working)
Role: Full time (permanent) secondments will be considered, flexible working will be considered.
Salary: £36,150 (FTE) – plus £4,000 London Weighting allowance
- Are you seeking a new challenge in the health and care policy world?
- Do you want to help change the NHS for the better?
At this critical time, NHS bodies need a strong voice to make real change for the future. As the newest member of the ICS Network team, you would play a key role in advocating and influencing on behalf of clinical commissioners so they can secure the best possible healthcare and health outcomes for their communities and patients.
Our ICS Network is an independent national network which supports ICS leaders to exchange ideas, share experiences and challenges, and influence the national agenda. The Network supports engagement across ICSs and promotes effective system working.
About the role
As Policy and Delivery manager you will:
- manage a range of projects – some with partner organisations - on key policy areas affecting our members;
- deliver policy briefings, articles, roundtables and consultation responses to benefit our members, and using them to influence national policy
- manage key stakeholder relationships;
- provide expert policy input to inform our press work
- work closely with our Advisorate to agree our strategy
- represent the ICS Network at national events.
The successful candidate will:
- be an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive policy professional
- be great at listening and gathering views of our members across England
- be able to build and maintain relationships
- have excellent project and programme management skills
- be able to digest content quickly
- have excellent written and analytical skills
- have prior knowledge of the NHS and an understanding of the legislative reforms being proposed for the NHS
This role will work with a number of our clinical networks (prior experience would be welcome).
The NHS Confederation is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our staff. A place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of inclusive employment policies including family friendly policies and flexible working and we have range of channels to support staff from different backgrounds including our staff networks and a staff forum.
The NHS Confederation is committed to being a flexible employer. We understand the value and benefit to our employees being able to work flexibly to respond to changing circumstances and we want to ensure we do as much as possible to help support a work life balance and take care of employee health and wellbeing.
You will receive an excellent benefits package, including 30 days annual leave, pension scheme, flexible working, salary sacrifice schemes and travel season ticket loans.
Please download the job description from our website and complete the application form. Please note we do not accept CVs. .
For an informal discussion about the post and the NHS Confederation before applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 14th June 2021 (midnight)
Interview date: 24th June 2021