Head of Enterprise
Reporting to: CEO and the Board
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Milton Keynes (flexible arrangements considered)
Salary: £40,000 p.a.
Our client is the leading national charity supporting individuals who sustain damage to the spinal cord resulting in paralysis. They are committed to a singular vision: a fulfilled life for everyone affected by spinal cord injury. Everyone has a right to live a fulfilled life and that means the life they choose, a life that has the same opportunities as everyone else. Their work in campaigning, education and support is based on the personal experiences of their members.
Being a user-led organisation is important to them; as well as thjeir 12,000 members and growing, just under half of their staff and 90% of their trustees live with spinal cord injury. To help them achieve their vision, they are recruiting to the critical, newly created role of Head of Enterprise who will sit on the senior leadership team reporting directly to their chief executive and the Board.
You will be joining the charity at a pivotal time in their development journey. Their passionate team are driving forward ambitious plans to be a true association for all, to build on their success and achieve greater impact, and this new post will play a critical role in achieving their ambitions. They are looking for an entrepreneurial, enterprising, business focussed leader; someone who shares their passion for their vision and mission, who will bring a proven track record in growing a business and increasing revenue streams for charities and/or social businesses, to help them achieve their ambitions.
The core purposes of this role are to increase revenue into the charity, and to enable them to diversify and increase the breath of the services delivered on behalf of their community. They are determined to ensure that spinal cord injured people and their families can easily access vital services and support of the highest quality.
- Experience of leading the growth of projects and businesses, from concept to launch and delivery.
- A commercial and results-driven mindset evidenced by proven success of developing and managing significant income generating partnerships and achieving substantial income growth.
- Strong evidence of knowledge of commercial business modelling and business case development.
- Evidence of ability to understand customer needs and use them to innovate and generate new business ideas.
- A natural talent for building relationships with a variety of stakeholders to produce excellent results.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed reporting, including analytical.
- Experience of working directly with non-executive boards and contributing as part of a senior level management team.
Closing date for applications: 17 June 2021 (midday)
Initial Interviews: 24/25 June 2021 (ZOOM)
Assessments: w/c 5 July 2021 (online)
Final Interviews: w/c 12 July 2021 (Milton Keynes)
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to where you can complete your application for this position.
No CV’s or agencies please.