Senior Mentor – Senior Outreach Development Tutor
Full Time Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 per annum
Location: Pan London
Our client, a social enterprise with one key mission, is offering outstanding individuals the opportunity to join their team as a Senior Outreach Development Tutor.
The role will involve working in Pupil Referral Units (PRU) and Alternative Provisions (AP), mentoring and delivering workshops/sessions that are tailored to young people. The role is suited for someone that has a strong background in mentoring young people to achieve academically in their learning environment and progress into further education. The successful candidate will also be required to manage a small team of Outreach Development Tutors and communicate with the leadership team at The organisation, PRU’s and AP’s.
It is this organisation’s belief that people will not achieve their learning potential when both social and emotional needs are not being met. As a result, they work very closely with other parties (local authorities, social services, referring schools, etc.) to provide an educational and social environment in which students can flourish; emphasising not just statutory duties, but giving equal weight to prevention and early intervention to address social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Do you have what it takes to join this organisation and help shape the future of some of London’s most hard to reach people?
In order to apply for this post, you will need: -
- 1 years’ experience in supervising and or managing staff
- 2 years’ experience in working with vulnerable learners
- A minimum of a Level 2 qualification/Grade C in English Language
- To be experienced and talented working with challenging young people and adults from a variety of backgrounds, and to have a track record of success in engaging this client group to achieve positive destinations
- To be a strong user of ICT-based software including MacOS
- To be a competent coordinator and motivator
- To be dynamic, creative, energetic, positive, and willing to communicate ideas appropriately
They are looking to employ someone immediately.
After you have followed the job board process in the first instance, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with further details on how to complete your application.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder and disregard any automated email correspondence from the job board.
No agencies please.