This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for a Service Manager to lead the strategic direction and day-to-day functioning of the Camden Crisis Café service and management of the Camden Crisis Café
Position: Service Manager - Mental Health
Hours: Part-time, 31.2 hours per week on average
Salary: £35,496 (£28,396 pro rata) per year rising to £36,348 (£29,078 pro rata) per year after successful completion of 9-month probation and 12 months’ continuous service.
Benefits: Company Mobile Phone, Company Pension, Employee Discounts, Generous Holiday, Great Working Environment, In House Training, Progression Opportunities, Recognised Qualifications, Travel/Season Ticket Loans, Laptop.
Closing Date: 18 June
Join a vibrant charity that has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970. With its 50th anniversary approaching, it is an exciting time to join the team!
The Service Manager will lead and inspire trained and supportive staff and volunteers in the running and strategic development of the Camden Crisis Café under the direction of the Area Manager and Regional Director. Areas of responsibility include management of Service Delivery, Health and safety, Resources, People and Corporate.
The charity offers a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression. If the values of being respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative and courageous resonate with you, please apply!
As Service Manager you will have knowledge of Community Care, Mental Health, Health and Safety and welfare benefits legislation and understanding of working effectively in partnership with statutory services.
You will have:
- Knowledge of methods of assessing, formulating, implementing, recording, reviewing and monitoring service user support and assessment plans including suicide prevention support
- The ability to positively promote the organisation at external events
- Good knowledge of MS Office systems, able to use computer systems including case management systems to create accurate reports and able to assess / audit staff ability to use computer systems to record client data accurately and to a high standard
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding adults’ and children’s issues and ability to address them appropriately
As Service Manager, you will have experience of:
- Managing services for people with mental health and complex needs
- Managing multiple and complex teams including experience of recruitment, induction, supervision, coaching, appraisal, training, discipline and grievance issues
- Performance monitoring, delivering consistently high service user standards and ability and experience of managing complex budgets
- Mental Health Crisis Management and the delivery of services to meet the needs and aspirations of service users and commissioners
The ability to work flexibly including primarily out of hours working during the evening, weekends and bank holidays to support the delivery of and scrutinise the Crisis Café is essential. The hours of operational delivery are 17:00 – 23:00 x 7 days a week.
About the Organisation
The charity supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions by campaigning and advocating nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home, to helping them to get the right mental health support, the organisation supports people at the moment of crisis and enable them to build a life beyond crisis.
Applications from candidates with lived experience are welcomed, the organisation is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
You may also have experience in areas such as Welfare Rights Legislation, Safeguarding, Welfare Advisor, Benefits and Welfare, Benefits Advisor, Service Manager, Service, Mental Health Service Manager, Community Care, Mental Health, Mental Health Welfare, Health and Safety, Volunteer Management, Crisis, Advice, Complex Needs, Crisis Management, Safeguarding.