Impact Hub King’s Cross is a home for positive change. We bring together impact-driven individuals and organisations through our coworking space, business support programmes, and events, to collectively build a more fair and sustainable future.
We are part of a leading global network of 100+ Impact Hubs across 50+ locations with 16,500 members.
For more information see: http://kingscross.impacthub.net | http://impacthub.net
The Operations & Finance Director leads the Operations Team at Impact Hub King’s Cross (IHKX) and is accountable for the community/membership and operational aspects of the business. They are the lead for sales (membership and events), community management, policy, procurement, health and safety, financial and HR management.
The Operations Director is expected to take into consideration all stakeholders and impact in the way they provide leadership for the business, and pursue the company’s purpose to catalyse entrepreneurial ecosystems for a socially inclusive net-zero economy, in a way that also protects and enhances the financial sustainability of the business.
We are currently in a growth period, where we expect to take on a number of new spaces across London in the near future. The Operations & Finance Director will be responsible for running our existing operations, while interacting with the Managing Director and Operations Project Manager to plan and resource the new spaces. They will then manage the sales, operations, events, community and finances of the new spaces once they are handed over. Given the level of likely growth, the Operations & Finance Director will therefore be recruiting for a number of key roles, which they will manage, soon after starting work at Impact Hub King’s Cross (IHKX).
Manage the Sales team to ensure that membership and bookings sales meet or exceed targets, while providing a welcoming experience for (potential) customers, including:
- Monitor sales results against targets and managing sales team performance
- Review marketing and sales strategies with the Sales Manager and Communications and Marketing Manager to ensure they reflect our ethos and customer insights and generate results, including the creative use of partnerships, events and social media
- Ensure compliance with GDPR and development of our CRM to facilitate and where appropriate automate the sales process
- Enable suitable sales training, call monitoring and peer learning opportunities
Manage the operations team to ensure that we achieve our community and impact goals, including:
- Manage the General Manager for each of our locations, ensuring that the needs of our members are met (or exceeded) through delivery of high quality services including workspace, event and meeting room space, mail and other services.
- Work closely with our partners in our spaces (such as the Hive or KQ) to ensure that we collaborate successfully to deliver to our members
- Ensure that customer service is maintained at a high level and complaints are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Manage the Events Production team to ensure a good range of inspiring events are delivered internally and to support external bookers
- Ensuring IHKX has a portfolio of suitable community development activities to underpin its impact ambition and the necessary partnerships to deliver them
- Embed continual improvement processes that focus the team on striving for ever-improving impact outcomes
Ensure our spaces are maintained so they provide welcoming, inspiring and fit-for purpose workspace and event/meeting rooms, including:
- Manage the Facilities Manager to keep our spaces maintained to a high standard, including all furnishings and equipment and key suppliers such as cleaning and ICT services
- Ensure our spaces meet all health and safety requirements and that all policies, risk assessments and training is kept up to date, including fire safety
Ensure IHKX has operating and financial plans to implement the company strategies, that reflect its purpose and its multi-stakeholder B Corp articles, and ensure the plan is delivered effectively, including:
- Translate the company strategy and plan into an annual budget owned by the MD, leadership team and approved by the board
- Lead on performance management processes including monthly finance performance reviews, quarterly board reviews, and 1:1 reviews for operations and finance team members at suitable frequency
- Create and update clear operating systems and processes within which individual team members can perform effectively and efficiently
- Keep all company policies and practice up to date including anti-money laundering, GDPR, procurement and B Corp accreditation.
Maintain team focus on IHKX financial sustainability goals; including:
- Manage the Finance team and our accountant to ensure that we have up to date records and forecasts for P&L and cashflow, timely billing and payments and effective interaction with the IHKX team and board
- Manage the Operations budget effectively
- Manage our procurement process to ensure good value for money and a sustainable supply chain that reflects our impact focus
Provide a lead on IHKX talent and HR policies, including:
- Maintain HR systems and processes (such as our staff handbook), to ensure our people related policies & processes are fit for purpose, and reflect best practice
- Ensure we have appropriate personal development plans for all team members
- Support the Leadership team in developing and maintaining a healthy team culture reflecting and living our IHKX values, with a particular focus on the Operations and Finance team.
- Ensuring there are clear, aligned and up-to-date KPIs for all operations team members, and managing the KPI process for the whole of IHKX
Essential Experience and Skills:
- At least five years of experience delivering operations / facilities management in office premises, workspace or a hospitality environment, including at least two years at a senior management level
- Dedication to the highest quality customer service including delivering a range of events and services and building a community feel
- Delivering a well-maintained, clean and inspiring space
- Ability to bring commercial insights and delivery experience to an impact-led environment
- Experience of turning strategies and budgets into deliverable plans which are delegated and delivered effectively across a diverse team
- Financial management experience, including setting and managing budgets and forecasts, presenting analysis and sound commercial decision making
- Excel at bringing the best out of al team based across multiple sites, recruiting and onboarding team members from a range of backgrounds, developing their skills and motivation and enhancing team culture
- Strong presentation and communication skills to customers and partners (pitching and relationship building), board members (presenting results and plans) and team (strategy and training/support)
- Strong understanding of setting up and using processes for business benefit, including CRM, HR and financial accounting systems
- The ability to write policy documents that convey complex information in a clear and usable manner
- Experience of health and safety policies, processes and delivery
- Experience of working collaboratively with commercial and impact partners
- Experience of managing procurement, including social and environmental criteria in the selection process as well as value for money
- Experience in dealing calmly and effectively with unexpected situations
Desirable Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Sales experience or experience of managing a sales team
- Experience as Finance Director for an SME or corporate business
- Finance or accounting qualifications
- Qualifications in HR related topics
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification or equivalent
- Experience of Xero accounting system
- Experience of Nexudus workspace management system
- Understanding of GDPR and privacy rules
- Impact measurement experience or qualifications
- An understanding of carbon reduction and how to implement it successfully
- Able to demonstrate how to confidently manage a diverse team and community distributed across multiple sites, including customers, partners, funders, team members and board members
- Able to demonstrate delivering effectively both directly and through influencing others, including leading through a period of change and growth
- A warm and friendly manner and ability to deal effectively with complaints
- A confident self-starter with a can-do attitude who will thrive in a small team with an entrepreneurial feel
- A values-driven approach to your work and an enthusiasm for socially-driven enterprises
- A confident multi-tasker, able to prioritise a complex workload and thrive in an environment characterised by change
- Demonstrate attention to detail, persistence and patience and motivation to reliably deliver high quality outputs, often to tight deadlines
- A fast-learner, keen to build and develop the role as suits the needs of the business
- A natural team player with a deep commitment to collaboration and serving the greater good
Terms and conditions
The contract is permanent with a 3 month probation period.
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours/week), which is likely to require some evening and weekend work (time off in lieu will be offered). This role will require you to work initially from our space in King’s Cross but may move to a new location within Central London in the coming 18 months. We are open to flexible working arrangements, including job share arrangements for the right candidates.
Salary Band: £40-55k per year depending on experience plus pension and profit share.
How to Apply
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds. We offer a working environment that has step-free access. Feel free to reach out to us if you would like to discuss specific accessibility needs.
To apply, please complete the following actions:
- Complete this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdM_Hm_kVht1qxNGr8jBQyQ-ljTcUouCbViIQFumNrKI7jMtw/viewform
- Email your CV with the subject line “Operations and Finance Director” to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach out to email@example.com if you are experiencing any technical issues with the form. Please note, that we, unfortunately, do not have the capacity to answer emails that do not relate to the form.
To limit any unconscious bias, all applications will be anonymised. After removing the fields with personal information, the responses to the questions will be evaluated and the highest scoring ones will form a shortlist. From there, the CV will be reviewed to assess the applicant's relevant experience.
Deadline for application: 9.00am on the 14th of June, 2021
First Interviews will take place: w/c June 28th
Second interviews will take place: w/c July 5th
Due to the level of applications expected, we regret that we may only be able to reply to