Job Title: Fundraising Executive
Reports to: Head of Corporate Partnerships
Contract: Permanent (35 hours per week)
Salary: £28k per annum (inclusive of London weighting)
Location: Home based initially - moving to Lambeth office when restrictions allow
The Vision Foundation believes passionately that people living with sight loss should have the same opportunities as anyone else. We strive to ensure London is a city that works for everyone and that avoidable sight loss is prevented.
The Vision Foundation is a sector leader in London standing up for the rights and freedoms of people living with sight loss. The charity funds organisations providing front-line projects and services across the capital, and works collaboratively through researching, building capacity, funding and advocacy. We’ve been going for a hundred years and following a cultural and organisational re-shaping, including changing our name and branding, we have the energy and drive of a start-up.
We need a Fundraising Executive to join our successful and growing fundraising team to help develop and manage approaches and partnerships with the corporate sector, major donors and grants/foundations. The role will work closely with the Head of Corporate Partnerships, Grants Manager and the Centenary Appeal Manager to research and develop new opportunities across the core high value income streams. This post will manage a portfolio of current partnerships and will require excellent communication skills and a high level of organisation. Also needed is a love of building relationships and the energy and enthusiasm to work externally to motivate supporters and partners and internally to develop applications and proposals.
You will be joining the organisation at an incredibly exciting time and have the opportunity to develop your skills in fundraising and partnership management with an organisation who has ambitious growth plans over the next five years.
- Contribute to Vision Foundation’s overall fundraising strategy as a member of the Fundraising Team
- Research, approach and develop new corporate partnership opportunities as agreed with the Head of Corporate Partnerships, managing a pipeline of corporate fundraising activity
- Research, approach and develop new trust and foundation opportunities as agreed with the Grants Manager, managing a pipeline of trust supporters
- Manage a portfolio of existing partnerships across the high value team, providing exceptional supporter care and delivering successful partnerships
- Provide general administration support across the fundraising team as required
- Develop partnerships and stewarding them where possible to become long-term supporters of Vision Foundation
- Supporting the development and delivery of partner fundraising and associated activities, attending in person where required
- Provide written reports to trusts and foundations, major donors and corporate partners as required
- Work closely with the Events team and the Centenary Appeal Manager to maximise the effectiveness of engagement and stewardship events in supporting the development of existing and prospective relationships.
- Provide general admin and event support for the delivery of the partner and stewardship events portfolio.
- Support with the development of innovative proposals in conjunction with colleagues
- Confidently present the key messages of the Vision Foundation and encourage support via a variety of media including informal conversations, networking, presentations, written literature
- Set and monitor budgets, in conjunction with the Head of Corporate Partnerships, Grants Manager and Centenary Appeal Manager
- Use ThankQ, the fundraising database, to effectively administer and manage partnership activities
- Manage high value administration ensuring that all donations and income are correctly recorded, tracked and thanked
- To work at all times in compliance with the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Practice and data protection legislation
- Relevant fundraising and relationship management experience
- Experience of using a CRM database to support relationship management
- Proven ability to engage, inspire and enthuse a range of supporters to raise funds and nurture relationships
- A commitment to undertake training where required and an enthusiasm for new challenges and experiences
- Excellent communicator in formal and informal communications, both verbally and in writing, to all stakeholders
- Good understanding of prospect research methods
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport
- Communicate sensitively; negotiating effectively to generate major support among people from diverse backgrounds and all levels
- Creative thinking, imaginative and entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- IT literate with experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, and databases
- A commitment to Vision Foundation’s values namely, collaborate, empower, intelligent, courageous
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Degree or equivalent
- Professional or academic qualification in fundraising
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Understanding of the charity sector and associated fundraising techniques
- An understanding of and commitment to London’s blind and partially sighted people
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Self-motivated, team worker with ability to work autonomously as required
- Willingness to work flexibly where required
- Approachable, creative, ‘can-do’ attitude
The role description is a general outline of duties and responsibilities and may be amended as Vision Foundation develops and the role grows. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time