Salary £19,000 - £21,800 per year DOE
The Aspinall Foundation has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to work across our growing fundraising and marketing team. The individual will help the charity to implement a new individual giving strategy and is the perfect role for someone looking to move into the charitable sector. You will be working predominantly at our inspiring Port Lympne Wild Animal Park and the role comes with great staff benefits.
The Aspinall Foundation is a world-leading animal conservation charity working to protect endangered species in situ, predominantly in South Africa, Indonesia, Congo, Gabon and Madagascar. The foundation also works in conjunction with Howletts Wild Animal Park and Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve to reintroduce captive born animals from the park into protected areas in the wild.
- Overseeing the day-to-day activities and duties of our face to face fundraising team.
- Managing the time of the F2F team, to ensure maximum coverage across our two parks, (Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve and Howletts Wild Animal Park)
- Help convert one off donors and adopters to regular monthly givers
- Process animal adoptions
- Implement plans to increase the organic reach of the adoption range
- Assist the individual giving team with stewardship calls aimed at reducing attrition and maximising lifetime value
- Report on the performance of individual giving lines
- Manage fun runs with a drive on recruiting participants as regular givers and donors
- Manage and run school and group charity events
- Help the team implement a new in memory product range with various options at our two parks
- Proactively research and plan new fundraising initiatives
- Implement a communication plan to grow our lottery
- Seek other community funding opportunities
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a charity sector role or have transferrable skills they can apply to the role
- A multitasker with the ability to balance several tasks simultaneously
- The ability to spot and maximise new fundraising initiatives
- A good understanding of internal and external communication methods
- An understanding of fundraising regulations and trends
- Experience of organising and managing events
- Exceptional communication skills in writing, in person and on the phone
- Confidence to speak to small groups and with people at all levels within an organisation
Closing date: Monday 31 May 2021
To apply: Please email a CV along with a covering letter.
Find out more about The Aspinall Foundation by visiting our web site.