Salary £23,000-£26,000 per year DOE
The Aspinall Foundation has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to work across our growing fundraising and marketing team. The individual will help the charity to implement a new individual giving strategy and is the perfect role for someone looking to move into the charitable sector. You will be working predominantly at our inspiring Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, and the role comes with great staff benefits.
The Aspinall Foundation is a world-leading animal conservation charity working to protect endangered species in situ, predominantly in South Africa, Indonesia, Congo, Gabon and Madagascar. The foundation also works in conjunction with Howletts Wild Animal Park and Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve to reintroduce captive born animals from the park into protected areas in the wild.
The Fundraising Coordinator will work on implementing the new Individual giving strategy, assisting with the launch of a new face to face fundraising team, growing the popular adoption range and undertaking stewardship calls for supporters, as well as working across all aspects of community fundraising. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to source plan and maximise new areas of fundraising income.
- Manage on site face to face recruitment, booking the team in to ensure maximum coverage across Port Lympne and Howletts
- Convert one off donors and adopters to regular monthly givers
- Oversea and process animal adoptions
- Implement plans to increase the organic reach of the adoption range
- Assist the individual giving team with stewardship calls aimed at reducing attrition and maximizing lifetime value
- Write internal reports and analyse fundraising progress on a monthly or periodic basis
- Manage fun runs with a drive on recruiting participants as regular givers and donors
- Manage and run school and group charity events
- Create and implement a new in memory product range with various options at our two parks
- Proactively research and plan new fundraising initiatives
- Implement a communication plan to grow our lottery
- Seek other community funding opportunities
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a charity sector role or similar fundraising role
- The ability to balance several income lines simultaneously
- Experience of report writing and analysis
- The ability to spot and maximise new fundraising initiatives
- A good understanding of internal and external communication methods
- An understanding of fundraising regulations and trends
- Experience of managing groups or teams of people and coordinating volunteers
- Experience of organising and managing charity events or similar
- Exceptional communication skills in writing, in person and on the phone
- Confidence to speak to small groups and with people at all levels within an organisation
Closing date: Monday 31 May 2021
To apply: Please email a CV along with a covering letter.
Find out more about The Aspinall Foundation by visiting our web site.