People Services Manager
Hove, East Sussex
Established in 1997, Martlets is a local charity that provides the very best care and support to terminally ill people in Brighton and Hove and the surrounding areas. Over the last 23 years, we’ve supported and cared for more than 25,000 people.
Most people receive care from us in their own homes. We offer specialist palliative care, end of life care, supportive care and bereavement services. This includes physiotherapy, counselling and social activities and we now offer remote holistic support. Some choose to spend their final days here, or to join us as inpatients for respite care or symptom management.
The heart of Martlets and our people strategy is to be an employer and charity of choice. We are looking for an exceptional HR professional to become our People Services Manager and help us to live out our values and promote a culture that creates a great place to work.
This role is offered on a full or part-time basis to candidates interested in working between 24 and 37.5 hours per week.
- Salary of £32,585 - £43,620 DOE (pro rata)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension
- Investment in your training and professional development
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Ride to work scheme
- On-site parking
This exciting and engaging role is perfect for a talented HR professional with great generalist and business partnering experience to expand their career potential with our exceptional charity.
You’ll have the chance to positively impact diversity within our organisation and support strong HR and people practices enabling enhanced delivery of amazing services whilst developing your skills and experience.
As the People Services Manager, you will be playing a key role in the delivery of human resources and people-focused strategies across our organisations.
Playing a leading role, you will be involved with clinical, domiciliary care, income generation, building enhancement and digital strategies. You will provide business partnering to these operations, as well as the management and leadership team and will be a vital player in our move offsite and back to an enhanced hospice site.
An essential element of this position will be the further development of a culture of inclusion which we believe to be vital to our ongoing success. You will also be responsible for overseeing the delivery of our volunteering strategy and will seek to develop our volunteering roles.
Your role will also involve:
- Helping managers to set clear expectations
- Finding solutions to business problems
- Leading people through change
- Supporting the development of an enhanced hospice building
To be considered as our People Services Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience of business partnering, influencing and negotiating on a range of people strategies with those at senior management level
- Experience of workforce planning
- Experience of managing change (e.g. site move)
- Experience of developing HR management tools and initiatives and aligning this to organisational priorities and objectives
- Experience of EDI and culture change, initiatives that support diversity and inclusion
- Experience of managing a team and HR service
- The ability to develop staff members’ professional and technical skills
- Experience of coaching
- Experience of managing and advising on complex employee relations issues
- Experience of policy formulation and presentation
- Experience of managing conflict and handling sensitive issues
- Experience of reward structures
- Experience of designing a range of supporting documentation and informing training courses, programmes and creative training solutions - blended learning
- HR and/or Volunteering experience within Hospice/Healthcare/Charity sector
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- A CIPD qualification at Diploma and/or above or equivalent experience
- An employment law qualification or equivalent experience
- A Change Management qualification
- A varied range of HRM short courses and record of CPD
Other organisations may call this role HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, Employee Relations Manager, ER Manager, HR Business Partner, HRBP, Human Resources Business Partner, or Senior HR Advisor.
The closing date for this role is the 31st May 2021.
Webrecruit and Martlets are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a People Services Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.