Supporter Engagement Database Executive
Leatherhead Court, Woodlands Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 0BN
COVID-19: This role is office-based. We have social distancing measures in place to ensure that we work in accordance with latest Government guidelines and restrictions.
Based in the Engagement & Partnerships (E&P) Department in Leatherhead, Surrey, the postholder is responsible for the ongoing operation and management of the supporter fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) which supports the Supporter Engagement direct marketing programmes at QEF.
This is an opportunity for someone to join a lively, fun and collaborative team and play an active part in delivering high-class and engaging direct marketing across on and offline activities.
This role is subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks which will include a standard/an Enhanced/an Enhanced with children / and adults barred list check DBS (at the cost of QEF subject to completion of probationary period if you are not already a member of The Update Service).
We are looking for someone who is confident working with data and using Excel. Ideally with previous experience using a CRM database, although training will be provided.
You will take responsibility for the Raiser’s Edge database and provide data reports to inform the planning and budgeting of direct marketing campaigns that will maximise voluntary income.
You will operationally manage the day-to-day development and execution of data selections from beginning to end and to implement and supervise the processing and input of cash and regular supporters onto the database by the Engagement & Partnership Assistant.
About the role
DATABASE AND FUNDRAISING DUTIES
- Manage the Raiser’s Edge database, supporting the Supporter Engagement & Legacies team with their queries, ensuring all E&P users of the database are inputting accurately to maintain the database integrity and provide support when necessary.
- Support the Head of Supporter Engagement & Legacies with data analysis when required.
- Data segmentation and maintenance; prepare, process and output data for fundraising campaigns.
- Working with the Senior Supporter Engagement Executive and direct mail agency, submit data for campaigns, check through proofs and resolve any highlighted discrepancies on Raiser’s Edge.
- Working with the Engagement & Partnership Assistant maintain the accuracy and quality of data held on supporters and donors and ensure that all data updates (eg Deceased, Gone Away, Duplicate record, etc) are carried out in a timely manner.
- To provide database training and support to the Engagement & Partnerships team as required.
- Assist the Legacy Marketing Manager with database support, making recommendations for recording and reporting data.
- Run the in-house annual Gift Aid mop up direct mail appeal each January. Export data from Raiser’s Edge and producing a mail merged letter campaign.
- Contribute to the teams KPIs.
FINANCIAL AND OTHER DUTIES
- Run month-end and submit to finance.
- Run ad-hoc projects from time to time, i.e. sourcing commemorative furniture and plaques.
- Working with the Engagement & Partnership Assistant ensure accurate reconciliation of income between the database and the finance department’s records.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information on Direct Debits and Standing Orders and update records accordingly.
- To ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation by QEF, its employees and volunteers. To ensure the Fundraising department is up to date and fully compliant on data protection, including contracts and agreements with suppliers handling QEF’s data.
- You are passionate about your area of work
- Our Values and Behaviours inspire you
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are a team player
- You love data and you are a solutions person
- You have a positive can-do attitude…
About the team
Working in the Supporter Engagement & Legacies team, consisting of Head of Supporter Engagement & Legacies, Legacy Marketing Manager, Senior Supporter Engagement Executive and Engagement & Partnerships Assistant.
The role requires you to work closely with all team members to provide database support.
Being part of QEF means
- Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities
- Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy
- Being an active team player
- Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours
Being part of QEF means that you will be valued as a key member of a charity that is passionate about its work. You’ll gain a sense of professional satisfaction from knowing that every day you have worked as a team to improve someone else's life. Whether you work in one of our client-facing services, or at the head office, you’ll never be far away from the inspiring journey of our service users. In addition, you’ll receive:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Westfield Healthcare Cash back scheme and shopping discounts
- Free on-site parking
- Range of training opportunities provided to ensure career development
- Childcare vouchers
How to Apply
If you are interested in becoming part of team QEF please APPLY NOW by visiting our website via the link and applying online.
Apply early! This opportunity may be closed early if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Disability Confident Employer
- QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
- Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage