There has never been a more important time to join the Age UK fundraising team. Against a backdrop of a broken social care system and millions already turning to Age UK for help, older people are amongst those hardest hit by the pandemic. Calls to our trusted Age UK Advice Line have doubled and requests for Telephone Friendship Service have trebled. We have been moved by the public support for our Coronavirus Emergency Appeal, but we must raise vital future funds to ensure we can be there to help and support older people as they rebuild their lives.
Our Fundraising team has an ambition to grow our income beyond £60M in the next five years. We are investing in an ambitious Fundraising strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters and partners in our work, so that we can be there for the millions of older people who need someone to turn to.
We're looking for someone to join our Individual Marketing team who will help to deliver a best-in-class loyalty programme that inspires supporters to continue to support Age UK which is pivotal to our strategy. This role is in the Individual Marketing team and will work across a variety of direct marketing channels to deliver a great experience for our supporters in a way that is relevant for them. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual early on in their marketing career, who wants to build experience working on direct marketing campaigns in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. In this role you will be able to develop your fundraising skills and work as part of an ambitious and collegiate individual marketing team.
This opportunity would best suit someone who is creative, naturally organised, a self-starter, methodical and passionate about working for a not-for-profit organisation.
You will be:
- Responsible for the delivery of direct marketing campaigns to ensure loyalty and revenue generating activities are maximised.
- Working with internal teams and external agencies including fulfilment, print and design.
- Working with the Direct Marketing Manager, Loyalty to manage income and expenditure budgets for agreed campaigns.
- Delivering campaigns autonomously or as part of an integrated approach across fundraising and the wider Age UK group.
- Taking a bold approach to innovation to find new ways to grow supporter loyalty.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
- Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
- Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
- Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
- Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
- You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.