International NGO helping to build a more sustainable, secure and just food system by transforming meat production, is seeking a Head of Policy, to significantly influence how quickly Europe and the world moves to a more ethical and sustainable food system.
You will be responsible for leading, coordinating and growing a team to drive policy impact on alternative proteins at EU and national levels across Europe. You will provide strategic oversight and manage a team that works directly with policymakers, nonprofits, and other stakeholders.
Specific work-streams that the policy team are working on include, amongst other things, delivering a fair, evidence-based regulatory path-to-market for plant-based and cultivated proteins, driving significantly more public investment into Research and Development for plant-based and cultivated meat, and ensuring that the labelling of plant-based food products is not unfairly restricted.
In addition to providing strong leadership and management, you will also be a senior external spokesperson for the NGO.. Depending on where you are based, you may also take up responsibility for some direct advocacy, if appropriate.
Skills / experience required:
- A demonstrated ability to drive policy change.
- Significant experience working on policy at the EU, national (within Europe - whether in an EU member state or a non-EU country) or multilateral level, for example in a government, public institution, political party, NGO, think tank, industry association, consulting firm, multilateral, or other relevant institution.
- Demonstrated experience as a supportive, collaborative, empowering line manager.
- An excellent ability to think and work strategically to set a compelling and optimised strategic direction for the organisation's policy work in Europe, including vision-setting, prioritising between competing workstreams and opportunities for impact, etc.
- Excellent people-skills - the ability to influence, network, build alliances and work well in a team.
- Enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. A positive, can-do attitude.