We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2021, including July and September. Additional start dates may also available and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. Please note that most of our new recruits will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, however we have a small number of opportunities available at our London office.
About the Role
As a Motion Designer at Costello Medical, you will be responsible for the delivery of animation and video projects for our clients, from initial concept development to full production, allowing for real autonomy and creativity.
You will work closely with internal colleagues and clients to understand the project brief, providing technical insight and guidance where required, and will produce materials to high standards of clarity and presentation.
For examples of the types of projects we work on please view our portfolio on Behance as well as our website.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with designers, project managers and clients at the outset of projects to determine the scope and purpose
- Delivery of a wide range of content for clients from short “explainer” style summary videos to complex animations
- Supporting teams with filming and post-production (video editing) for live and virtual events
- Ensuring that materials are delivered in a timely manner, and on budget, with a key focus on the high quality and professional appearance of all deliverables
We are looking for proactive candidates who will contribute innovative ideas for the development of our motion design service offerings. You will have a great understanding of aesthetics and a meticulous attention to detail. You will also take pride in delivering an excellent service internally to colleagues and externally to clients, and will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires you to have a problem-solving mindset, strong analytical skills, excellent customer service and an enthusiasm for technology and high-quality development. Exceptional organisation and self-motivation alongside an eagerness to work both independently and collaboratively to find solutions is a must.
Although no previous experience in the scientific industry is required, we are looking for individuals with a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of science. An interest in applying design to the healthcare industry would be an advantage.
Qualities and experience required include:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a design-related discipline (minimum 2.1). We welcome applications from candidates from a diverse range of specialisms
- Extensive experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Familiarity with other software in the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator and Photoshop) and other software such as Figma or Sketch
- Experience in the build of animations (2D/3D) and/or video editing for a wide range of digital channels
- Understanding of filming and production processes is desirable
- Experience in 3D is not required but would be an advantage
- Ability to maintain exceptional customer service and quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, an excellent level of productivity and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build robust and sustainable working relationships
Whilst some experience as a Motion Designer or in a Design role is desirable, we are also able to accept applications from candidates looking to start their career in this field. You will work alongside experienced colleagues who provide one-to-one training on the technical aspects of the role as well as project management and effective client communication.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is £24,000 to £30,000 depending on your previous experience and qualifications. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.