This fantastic data governance opportunity spans data driven activity across Age UK and its social enterprise, Age Co, covering online and offline data marketing and service delivery.
Are you interested in providing your knowledge of data protection legislation as a practitioner, to cover a wide portfolio of products and services for a leading charity, covering various types of charitable giving to financial services, gaming products, independent living aids and a national helpline? If so, this is the role for you!
You will have:
- Experience of working in a data governance role with responsibility for personal data used in a database marketing environment for a charitable /commercial/financial services industry.
- Excellent knowledge of UK Privacy Law and regulations and the ability to transfer that knowledge appropriately.
- Experience of communicating effectively with stakeholders of all levels.
- Efficiently managed and responded to data protection rights requests (SARs) and complaints.
- The ability to liaise effectively with both the CRM data practitioners. Marketing and Legal teams as well as operational business partners.
- A strong understanding of the principles of Privacy by Design and Default
- Effective time management, with the ability to multi-task.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
- Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
- Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
- Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
- Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
- You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.