Sightsavers has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation professional to provide programmatic support for the Bangladesh Country Office.
Location: Bangladesh, Dhaka
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Purpose of role
As Monitoring Coordinator you will strengthen programme monitoring and reporting practices and develop effective monitoring and reporting tools and data collection software. This role also acts as Safeguarding Lead for Bangladesh and you will be the first point of contact for safeguarding concerns for Sightsavers and partner staff.
About the role of Monitoring Coordinator
As Monitoring Coordinator you will lead on the development of programme monitoring structures and frameworks, the collection of and reporting of data from partner hospital and you will ensure continuous improvement through training workshops. You will assist in programme evaluation and carrying out operations research by providing data analysis, developing of research tools, training of data collectors and qualitative and quantitively analysis.
This role encompasses the responsibility of Safeguarding Lead for Bangladesh, acting as first point of contact for all Sightsavers and partner staff in Bangladesh regarding any safeguarding concerns and the escalating of these as well as providing support and working to ensure appropriate safeguarding policies and procedures are in place.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Monitoring Coordinator
- Masters degree in a relevant subject such as statistics, public health or development studies, or equivalent experience
- Good technical skills in programme monitoring: logframe development, tool development, excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, etc.
- Working experience of monitoring and evaluation within the international development sector
- Understanding and experience of the international development and the not-for-profit sector
- Experience of producing analytical reports or communication materials for a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of designing and implementing programme monitoring framework
- An understanding of programme management challenges in a development context
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bengali.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel (ideally advanced Excel i.e. complex formulae, pivot tables, macros), PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
- An understanding of good safeguarding practices
- Experience of working in a role with safeguarding responsibilities
The Monitoring Coordinator is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Closing date: Midnight 23 May 2021
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please note that all staff are currently working from home and this will continue for the foreseeable future.
Interviews are currently taking place remotely using Microsoft Teams and are likely to be beginning to mid-June 2021. Interviews will consist of an assessment task using Excel and of two oral interviews.