Building and shaping this new role, the successful Head of Development will have the following responsibilities;
- Lead the development and delivery of a programme of regular giving and legacy giving campaigns, ensuring campaigns sit within the context of overall donor journeys, are targeted and that there is no overlap or duplication that may cause there to be damage the reputation of Royal Holloway with its supporters
- Lead the development and delivery of sustainable relationship building / stewardship plans with individual donors along with trusts and foundations.
- Ensure all relationship management plans are data driven, targeted and insight led
- Be accountable for ensuring that rigorous internal and external research and appropriate internal consultation is undertaken in the development of cases for support and that they optimise and balance the interests of the donor and Royal Holloway
- Champion the integrity of the Royal Holloway brand and narrative in all cases for support and development related collateral. Ensure content is consistent with the brand / brand identity, authentic and accurate in the data provided
- Be a role model for all colleagues across Marketing and Communications for knowledge and understanding of the university's research, it's key statistics, brand narrative and strategic positioning
- Be a role model for leadership, continuous improvement and a source of inspiration for creativity and innovation in all aspect of relationship building. Lead the way in proposing new ideas and applying best practice to the work of the Development team, External Relationships group and the Marketing and Communications directorate
The Successful Applicant
- You will have a proven track record of leading a fundraising team or equivalent experience of team leadership, be adept at developing and leading on fundraising strategy (including regular giving programmes) and you will be experienced in generating income and meeting targets with a wide understanding of philanthropy and why people give.
- The successful candidate will also be a results driven, strategic thinker with the ability to build and nurture transformative internal and external relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication is critical and a passion about your work and the difference higher Education can make is essential.
What's on Offer
The successful Head of Development will receive a salary of between £43,660 - £51,687 (inclusive of London allowance) depending on experience. In addition, the university also offers a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
The post is based in Egham, Surrey where the university is situated and within commuting distance from London.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0320212370993Z