We are looking for new trustees to bring their Education/Youth work/Social Care and Digital Media skills to enhance the existing board and ensure the continued success of the charity. Applicants are welcome from all backgrounds, particularly with lived experiences and an interest in making a difference to disadvantaged or disabled children.
Who are we?
The Horse Rangers Association (HRA) is a self-supporting, non-profit making, voluntary youth organisation which enables young people to develop life and leadership skills through learning to ride and looking after their horses and ponies. It also supports an active Riding for the Disabled section for young people and adults integrating, wherever possible, those with special needs within the mainstream Horse Rangers activities. It has 30 horses at its premises and at the Stockyard in Bushy Park and offers riding and stable management to around 300 Rangers each week.
HRA is looking for new trustees to join the board and continue the good work. The past year has been very challenging and HRA is committed to ensure its missions and objectives are relevant and achievable.
To ensure the continued success of HRA, the Board of Trustees are looking for new trustees with :-
- fresh eyes and new skills – varied backgrounds (professional and life experiences) in areas such as Education, Youth Work, Social Care and Digital environment.
- enthusiasm and a 'can do' attitude.
What is the role
General areas of responsibility:-
- working with the other trustees & staff to ensure aims and objectives of the organisation are met in a positive and collaborative way.
- offer strategic and practical proposals to challenges faced by the organisation.
- ensure efficient use of all available resources.
Specific responsibilities for the Education, Youth Work, Social Care trustee include:-
- contribute to the ongoing development and expansion of the Riding for the Disabled programme
- expand and enhance opportunities for outreach programmes, apprenticeships and The Supported Families programme
Specific responsibilities for the Digital trustee include:-
- provide insight on the role of digital in HRA’s fundraising / marketing / communications / operations and help implement this vision
- champion the use of data in measuring performance / impact of activities across HRA and contribute to the reporting of outcomes
All trustees will be encouraged to attend Ranger and RDA sessions to ensure they gain a real understanding of the work we do.
HRA is committed to equality of opportunity, supports and encourages under-represented groups and values diversity. We seek people from a wide range of backgrounds, who will bring a fresh perspective to the Board and having reviewed our existing Trustees diversity, skills and experience, we are keen for our Board to reflect the diversity of the communities that we work with and we therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
All staff and volunteers (including Trustees) must undergo Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks (previously CRB), these are renewed every 3 years. In addition, those having direct access to children and vulnerable adults will be expected to undertake Safeguarding training. Costs for DBS checks and training will be met by HRA.
All Trustees are required to sign a Trustee eligibility declaration form, declare any conflicts of interest and to satisfy the auditors' money laundering checks.
To apply please send a copy of your CV together with a short covering letter highlighting your relevant experience to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by 1 June 2021.
Location - The Horse Rangers Association, Royal Mews, Hampton Court Road, East Molesey, Surrey KT8 9BW.